• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3rd!! Or join our server!!!! If you see me online, join me! I see you guys all the time but a lot dont like to play on HC and I wont touch non HC after blowing a clip in to someone's chest and watch them run away...

I used to avoid HC servers like the plague, but the past few nights the non-HC servers have been pissing me off to no end. I remember being on a server with David (Konvicted1) and it almost seemed like we were both shooting marshmallows out of our guns. 😠

And then last night was the final nail to the coffin... I'll explain:
I've developed a liking to taking down helis with the tank's 90mm shells. Been practicing for a while now too. :D Best map for this is Caspian; I usually take the Tank and sit at the top of the hill, right outside the deployment and go after the helis pestering the Antenna cap point... Or if I'm on the other side; I'll go just out of the deployment to the flat lands on the right and blast them out of the air when they go to Check Point. :D Nice thing is that it's all a 1 hit and dead thing... You put a 90mm shell into the fuselage of a heli and it is going down, no questions asked. :D But last night I ran into a server that had some sort of modifier (not sure if it even exists)... I put two shells into a heli and the dang thing still managed to land and one of the guys on board got out to start repairs. I put a third one into them and they both died in a fiery ball, but the fact that the thing took two while in the air and did not drop is what pissed me off.

PS: Am I the only one that likes to do this? I to have the guided missiles, but I like the 90mm shells better. :chair:

I second the vote for HC! LOL

My biggest problem with non-HC is the stupid spotting function.

It ruins gameplay and makes it impossible to get any type of a streak going... Once you're spotted, you're sniper fodder.

What would be awesome is a NON-HC server with spotting disabled!

Another thing I'd like to see change... 3rd person perspective for jets being reenabled in HC mode.

yeah, i added you in origin but not in battlelog com center, so i added you in battlelog now haha.

i just deleted people on origin since its better to add in battlelog.

I used to avoid HC servers like the plague, but the past few nights the non-HC servers have been pissing me off to no end. I remember being on a server with David (Konvicted1) and it almost seemed like we were both shooting marshmallows out of our guns. 😠

And then last night was the final nail to the coffin... I'll explain:
I've developed a liking to taking down helis with the tank's 90mm shells. Been practicing for a while now too. :D Best map for this is Caspian; I usually take the Tank and sit at the top of the hill, right outside the deployment and go after the helis pestering the Antenna cap point... Or if I'm on the other side; I'll go just out of the deployment to the flat lands on the right and blast them out of the air when they go to Check Point. :D Nice thing is that it's all a 1 hit and dead thing... You put a 90mm shell into the fuselage of a heli and it is going down, no questions asked. :D But last night I ran into a server that had some sort of modifier (not sure if it even exists)... I put two shells into a heli and the dang thing still managed to land and one of the guys on board got out to start repairs. I put a third one into them and they both died in a fiery ball, but the fact that the thing took two while in the air and did not drop is what pissed me off.

PS: Am I the only one that likes to do this? I to have the guided missiles, but I like the 90mm shells better. :chair:

LOL... I told you HC would ruin you!

And I gotta say... You're pretty darn good with that tank at taking down helis...

We took out what? 5 or 6 in that one game the other night?

yeah, i added you in origin but not in battlelog com center, so i added you in battlelog now haha.

i just deleted people on origin since its better to add in battlelog.

Sweet... I'll confirm the request next time I log in to play some BF3... Which will probably be later tonight.

Server won't be switched to HC at this time, but it may in the future if the person who is paying for the server (and the people whose platoon it is) all vote it to be. If it becomes HC I likely won't play on it, but can at least remote-admin it with procon.

3rd!! Or join our server!!!! If you see me online, join me! I see you guys all the time but a lot dont like to play on HC and I wont touch non HC after blowing a clip in to someone's chest and watch them run away...

had you on origin too but no sense in that, so i deleted you from there and added you on battlelog.

3rd!! Or join our server!!!! If you see me onlithne, join me! I see you guys all the time but a lot dont like to play on HC and I wont touch non HC after blowing a clip in to someone's chest and watch them run away...

That's what headshots are for. 85% of my sniper kills are headshots and close to 30% of my assault rifle kills are headshots and I never play HC Let me guess you play support mostly?

Engineer only unless I swipe a kit. Havent intentionallu played any other kit actually.

About the same here. It's the one thing I really don't like about BF3. In BC2, you could get C4 as any class, so you had some form of defense in the case of tanks/jeeps/other land vehicles. However, in BF3, unless I'm playing engie, I almost always feel defenseless as another class, unless I'm playing an IO server.

Once I hit lvl 45 I put down the M16A3 and decided to change weapons every lvl. Gotta say I am loving the AS-VAL. That AEK-971 gets me more often than naught.

Last edited:
About the same here. It's the one thing I really don't like about BF3. In BC2, you could get C4 as any class, so you had some form of defense in the case of tanks/jeeps/other land vehicles. However, in BF3, unless I'm playing engie, I almost always feel defenseless as another class, unless I'm playing an IO server.

Indeed. The RECON kit is the most useless overall. Especially if vehicles are around. No mortars, no C4, no sensor balls. As if your teammates didn't already hate you playing as a sniper in the previous games. Now you literally can't contribute squat as all the other mostly useless devices are easily detected and destroyed.

Engineer was my favorite at first, rocket launcher and mines are useful.. Recently I started playing the support kit, and I am really liking that right now. I effectively doubled my kills per round, and considerably increased the amount of neutralized objectives because of my handy M249. I have about 350 kills with it, and I'm scared to try any other gun.. :D

I left Recon until the end to do.. I was dreading it. Now I cannot play it enough! M40A5 madness! For the record, I don't sit back and snipe. I am the first one in there, with my 1911 blazing. :)

I like playing recon either with the shotgun or p90 and dropping down the tug + spawn point is pretty decent for points

I like playing recon either with the shotgun or p90 and dropping down the tug + spawn point is pretty decent for points

I still haven't used the shotguns really! I will have to try em sometime. I really like the 1911. I don't mind running around with it at all. Some maps when on offense, I use the AS VAL for its silenced effect, and drop a spawn point waaay up in the enemy territory, just to mess with them. Tying up 3-5 enemy who are determined to hunt you down, can really give your team a powerful boost in planting!

I just ordered BF3 on the PS3 the other day..I've mostly always been in the COD camp. Although I have some of the Battlefield games, I never got around to learning multi player too well. Its intersting to hear your comments about how to play the games or what you don't like about it.

I need to watch some multi play Youtube vids..When I get into Battlefield games as a new player I'm pretty lost. And I dont' like coming in and screwing up my team..which I've done in the past :).

I'm thinking strategy and such on the PS3 will be similar to the PC platform.

I still haven't used the shotguns really! I will have to try em sometime. I really like the 1911. I don't mind running around with it at all. Some maps when on offense, I use the AS VAL for its silenced effect, and drop a spawn point waaay up in the enemy territory, just to mess with them. Tying up 3-5 enemy who are determined to hunt you down, can really give your team a powerful boost in planting!

The shotguns are awesome. Well I only like the 870 and usas-12. I love sneaking up behind a squad and taking them all out before they even know what is happening. The best part is you can take all 4 out without even reloading. Also you can fire while reloading the 870. It stops the reload, but is great for when someone comes around the corner while you are reloading. Don't even get me started on how much fun the frag rounds are.

Back