• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
False alarm!

HT ON = 57.5 Avg

HT OFF = 58.1 Avg

Both same level, same server, same amount of people in etc... THe averages are too close to call which setting is better. Didn't feel any smoother one way or another. Same thing during single player.. Maybe something happened when I played between the two times. I must have done something else that changed that...

-D

I wish there was such a mode as "section assault" types.. Basically, its the same as real advancing in urban/trench warfare.. You gain points by gaining land, crossing that red line. Red line moves, you try to move with it. Section attacks are orchestrated by squad leaders and objectives are based on gaining terrain, or if overpowered, setting up a suppresive defense to turn things around. You know, good ol war.. but without PTSD. :D

I wish there was such a mode as "section assault" types.. Basically, its the same as real advancing in urban/trench warfare.. You gain points by gaining land, crossing that red line. Red line moves, you try to move with it. Section attacks are orchestrated by squad leaders and objectives are based on gaining terrain, or if overpowered, setting up a suppresive defense to turn things around. You know, good ol war.. but without PTSD. :D

Wasn't that kinda what MAG was at times? Man talk about a game with an amazing concept and NO hype after launch....

Rig is listed down below. As you can see in the pictures there are times while playing online that for some unknown reason everything unexpectanly becomes outlined in a black bold line. It flickers on then off almost like an artifact. I have tried running stock speeds but it still happens. Reason i doubt it the GPU is because it never does it in SP but only in MP. Was just curious if anyone else has had anything like this. I figure its just another DICE special :p

w6p0lz.jpg

2gvszgx.jpg

sx1vf6.jpg

wmgy3d.jpg

I should have taken more "normal pics" here are a few from same map:

344wqhz.jpg

dnlxew.jpg

maybe something with the settings you are running, have you tried turning up/down AA/AF/etc?

Hmm, tried a fresh install of the drivers (which are you using?)

Also, are you really putting 1.43v through your 580? That is a TON of voltage to do on air, seeing how by default it maxes out at 1.213

Hmm, tried a fresh install of the drivers (which are you using?)

Also, are you really putting 1.43v through your 580? That is a TON of voltage to do on air, seeing how by default it maxes out at 1.213

Temps never go above 73.

EDIT

My sig says 1.43 which is a typo. I am running 1.149 lol.

Last edited:
Well... Just got banned from my very 1st server this past weekend.
Not like I was on a rampage or anything like that... I'm not that good....
I finished 15-9 in the round that got me banned and 13 of the kills were 400m+ with the SV98 and 12x scope. I was taking them out from the rocks just outside the deployment as they made their way into "B" at Caspian Border. The one kill that was not with the rifle was a knife kill that I got when I got bored in my hide and went wondering into the forest... :D I think I may have gotten one of the admins a few times or something...

Never got a complaint through chat or anything... Just the round ended and I was gone... Sucks too; I liked that server... 1000 ticket count, Caspian only... Perfect server to practice sniping. :(

Well... Just got banned from my very 1st server this past weekend.

Ya that happens..That's my one big complaint with deciated servers---"admins".

They answer to no one...never a good plan imo.. Everyone needs a little accountability.

I got kicked from a COD4 game--when i was moving about in free for all with that 3round burst rifle? and was scoring about the same as you..There were only about 6 players, and yes the admin was one.

I only had a 5ms ping..the server was clearly in my area, and no one could do well against me.

The admin got mad, and I was gone. haha.

It happens.

I second the vote for HC! LOL

My biggest problem with non-HC is the stupid spotting function.

It ruins gameplay and makes it impossible to get any type of a streak going... Once you're spotted, you're sniper fodder.

What would be awesome is a NON-HC server with spotting disabled!

Another thing I'd like to see change... 3rd person perspective for jets being reenabled in HC mode.

Last edited:
3rd!! Or join our server!!!! If you see me online, join me! I see you guys all the time but a lot dont like to play on HC and I wont touch non HC after blowing a clip in to someone's chest and watch them run away...

3rd!! Or join our server!!!! If you see me online, join me! I see you guys all the time but a lot dont like to play on HC and I wont touch non HC after blowing a clip in to someone's chest and watch them run away...

Whats your soldier name again? I don't think I've got you added...

Or... Just add me... Konvicted1

Back