• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was with one squad member last night... he was at rank 3 and when he jumped into a LAV... I saw reactive armor around the LAV. Later on, he was shooting guided shells at helicopters.... Here I am chasing attack helicopters with my attack helicopter shooting rockets and anti-air missiles and I get show down by a javelin (locked on via SOFLAM) and I don't have ECM to help thwart that.

That buying stuff is annoying for those that took the time to level up. Kind of cheap (heh, thats ironic) if you ask me. Oh well. :)

I don't really mind people buying the kits, it is kind of cheap. But really the starting stuff works just fine. Sure the upgraded vehicles can last a little longer, but I still use the cannon for most of my kills in the jet and normal old rockets get me most of my kills with the helo. Flares are the big thing that matters. Buying weapons and upgrades will not make them better players. There is going to be a whole new batch of usas-12 users with frag rounds though.

I don't see the point of buying kits, just earn them and become a better player.

I don't really mind people buying the kits, it is kind of cheap. But really the starting stuff works just fine. Sure the upgraded vehicles can last a little longer, but I still use the cannon for most of my kills in the jet and normal old rockets get me most of my kills with the helo. Flares are the big thing that matters. Buying weapons and upgrades will not make them better players. There is going to be a whole new batch of usas-12 users with frag rounds though.

I don't see the point of buying kits, just earn them and become a better player.
I agree that kits (assault, engineer, recon, support) should be earned as they are totally under the players control. The problem with vehicles in general and especially air, is that a good player will get in one monopolize it all round. I can do this in tanks or mobile AA :D. It also makes it tough to get unlocks because the good players have the tools etc to avoid kills. Selling the vehicle unlocks makes sense to me based on that.

The starting weapons are some of the best. M16/M4 with grip, silencer and holo. Killing machine. You can unlock that in a couple hours on a metro meat grinder.

It is what all the pro players use.

I only was trying to buy the Co Op kit to unlock the guns you unlock by playing Co Op, I'll never touch Coop so it's the only way I'll get them. I'm not paying for guns I can unlock by just playing MP, but those ones I don't mind cuz I'll never get them if I don't buy them. Plus its only $5

So I just talked to a person on their chat thing and they said the order is in open state and 3 of the charges will be removed and to give it 24-48 hours to process. Idk how much I believe them, so we'll see. It did say my bank info couldn't be verified like 3 or 4 times, so...

Look at that skill! Probably won't stay this high for long, I got it after going 28-2

:shock:

Attachments

• 901skill.PNG
    901skill.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 73
You can get great skill at .500. It means you killed people ranked higher than you. Excellent work! Cant say I have seen one that high! :)

You can get great skill at .500. It means you killed people ranked higher than you. Excellent work! Cant say I have seen one that high! :)

Haha thanks, man. It probably won't stay there though. I generally sit in between 600-500. I always thought it used your K/D ratio + flag caps/bomb arms disarms + team points to calculate it.

It has everything to do with Kills and rank of the person you killed and nothing to do with flags.

If I was a 50 and you were a 100 and I kill you, I am +50. If I then kill a 25, Im +25. Technically, you could go negative in a round at 28-2 if you kill people below your skill level.

Remember that guy that likes posting screens of him knifing noobs?

I found him in a server and could not resist dropping a little love his way. :D He did get me once for a 900m+ kill so it's kindda even. :)

bf3 2012-04-05 01-44-52-52.jpg

bf3 2012-04-05 01-47-13-63.jpg

bf3 2012-04-05 01-49-17-74.jpg

Attachments

• bf3_2012_04_04_23_26_49_206.jpg
    bf3_2012_04_04_23_26_49_206.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 78
  • bf3_2012_04_04_23_16_11_264.jpg
    bf3_2012_04_04_23_16_11_264.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 79
  • bf3_2012_04_05_00_20_27_156.jpg
    bf3_2012_04_05_00_20_27_156.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 73
Had a good run last night. I advance two full ranks, mainly by completing assignments and just owning the heck out of people with my M240B and M16A3. I finally unlocked the PKP Pecheng and L85A2!!

Still got three more assignments left...

Back