• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Historically, the minimum are what is needed to play the game at some degree of acceptable framerate...regardless of detail. And then the recommended, is more in line with a balance of visuals/framerate.

I just can't wrap it around my head why they picked these higher cards...yet on the CPU side, they just say Quad Core. I really do not believe this game will be THAT intense. But in the mean time, let's keep speculating because it's fun anyway. ;)

Yes it will be. :p

Just because a game's fps is smooth, doesn't mean the entire game is running as fast.

The most obvious example is Supreme Commander with regards to sim speed and fps. Most people seem to have difficulty grasping the fact that graphical performance ≠ overall computational performance.

What is the most demanding game that you have run (disregarding Crysis / ARMA2)?

For me it is Just Cause 2. I get good FPS when boating or flying, but in the general ground environment I get 30-37.

What is the most demanding game that you have run (disregarding Crysis / ARMA2)?

For me it is Just Cause 2. I get good FPS when boating or flying, but in the general ground environment I get 30-37.

Most demanding game I've played (besides Crysis series) is probably Civ 5, but thats just cause I have the MLAA and all settings as high as they can go, and zoom in all the way. Get about 23-45fps.

For future reference, developers should take note from the creators of Metro 2033 on how to do system requirements. They list reqs for low, medium and high.

Minimal system requirements: Metro 2033
- Dual-Core CPU (Core 2 Duo or better)
- DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 graphics card (Geforce 8800, Geforce GT220)
- 1 GiB RAM

Recommended system requirements: Metro 2033
- Quad-Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual-Core CPU
- DirectX 10 graphics card (Geforce GTX 260)
- 2 GiB RAM

Optimal system requirements: Metro 2033
- Core i7 CPU
- Nvidia DirectX 11 graphics card (Geforce GTX 480 and Geforce GTX 470)
- As much RAM as possible (8 GiB+)
- Fast HDD or SSD

it would be nice to see the 3 listings. it would just be more accurate to what gamers who want closer to full graphics will know they need cause we all know we need more than a GTX 480 to run metro on full with everything up and at a 1920x1200 res.

For future reference, developers should take note from the creators of Metro 2033 on how to do system requirements. They list reqs for low, medium and high.

Minimal system requirements: Metro 2033
- Dual-Core CPU (Core 2 Duo or better)
- DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 graphics card (Geforce 8800, Geforce GT220)
- 1 GiB RAM

Recommended system requirements: Metro 2033
- Quad-Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual-Core CPU
- DirectX 10 graphics card (Geforce GTX 260)
- 2 GiB RAM

Optimal system requirements: Metro 2033
- Core i7 CPU
- Nvidia DirectX 11 graphics card (Geforce GTX 480 and Geforce GTX 470)
- As much RAM as possible (8 GiB+)
- Fast HDD or SSD

:thup:
Apparantly AMD pissed them off :clap:

I think it is a fine line they have to walk. The companies do not want to turn people off to buying the game, by saying that they need some super computer to run the game. If the recommended specs are too high then people will not even try.

My guess is that if you have a GTX 460 and a 3ghz quad-core, you should be fine running it on medium-high at 1080p. An i5 / i7 with a GTX 480 / 570 should be able to max it out at 1080p (OCing may be required).

Access To Battlefied 3 Beta Restricted!!!

Yep that's right it seems that EA is forcing you to complete a damn survey before they give you your bf3 beta key.
And here is my proof!

Luckily if your quick and handy with refresh and turning javascript on and off its as easy as taking candy.:thup:
Just make sure after you have got past the /auth url you hit screenshot as soon as it loads otherwise your screwed!
You could try tweaking an ad blocker add-on for your browser but erm good luck with that one.:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that's right it seems that EA is forcing you to complete a damn survey before they give you your bf3 beta key.
And here is my proof!

Luckily if your quick and handy with refresh and turning javascript on and off its as easy as taking candy.:thup:
Just make sure after you have got past the /auth url you hit screenshot as soon as it loads otherwise your screwed!
You could try tweaking an ad blocker add-on for your browser but erm good luck with that one.:shrug:

I hate EA...

I hate EA...

I just went straight to battlefield3beta.com, clicked on "show me key" and it popped right up. It asked for an age verification but that was it. Perhaps AdBlock got rid of it for me (I've also never seen a YouTube advertisement at all, ever. Hulu always gives me an error message about video advertisements, but it's just a 30 second clip saying i have to wait, etc).

hmm well I found the pain in the *** that is doing this.

Tried blocking it no go tried using adblocker didn't work either in firefox64 bit.
Guess I am just going to have to try harder to block this stupid popup.
Taken from source code.

And here is my proof!

Yep, getting the same thing. I'm done with EA!

Screw it if people want beta keys I will try and grab as many as I can I will post if I am allowed too? if not just pm me.

Back