• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep that's right it seems that EA is forcing you to complete a damn survey before they give you your bf3 beta key.
And here is my proof!
Luckily if your quick and handy with refresh and turning javascript on and off its as easy as taking candy.:thup:
Just make sure after you have got past the /auth url you hit screenshot as soon as it loads otherwise your screwed!
You could try tweaking an ad blocker add-on for your browser but erm good luck with that one.:shrug:

www.battlefield3beta.com is NOT legit! It's not even run by EA. Check this thread, and I think it was zh1nto confirmed it was fake. DON'T give them info, it's FAKE! Also check this post, it has zh1nto confirming that it is FAKE! Just be careful guys, if it's not a something.battlefield.com website, it's probably fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you seth!

I just removed all reference to the site in question. All that remains is a noparse'd link in seth's post to tell people where NOT to go.

Sheesh.

I did a simple whois search:

First Seen Whois
Cached On:
2010-09-13 22:21:31
Registrar:
GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server:
whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL:
http://registrar.godaddy.com
Create Date:
2010-09-11 00:00:00
Update Date:
2010-09-11 00:00:00
Expire Date:
2011-09-11 00:00:00

Registrant:
Carl Haseler
3601 Paramount Rd
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BATTLEFIELD3BETA.COM
Created on: 11-Sep-10
Expires on: 11-Sep-11
Last Updated on: 11-Sep-10

Administrative Contact:
Haseler, Carl
3601 Paramount Rd
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
United States
(571) 294-8349 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Haseler, Carl
3601 Paramount Rd
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
United States
(571) 294-8349 Fax --

Definitely not anyone from DICE or EA :)

just to double confirm that hah.

=_= Well, I just popped in a birthday and it gave me a key. Of course I saved it.

Then I just installed Origin today (with Sandboxie, of course) and saw the BF3 special edition in my account rofl. I wonder what this key will do for me? xD

The only way you guys can get into the beta is if you own MOH, BC2 or have preordered the game. Any beta code offers are most likely going to be scam sites phishing for acct info.

MOH owner beta codes go out on Sept.27
BC2 owners will get theirs 2 days later
Pre-orders get their code along with BC2 owners

I also believe that gun club and veterans get access along with MOH owners.

Then I think it goes open shortly thereafter (sept 29th to be exact).

Last edited:
To get ANY info on the beta and the game itself as much as I hate it, Twitter is the best place to go since the bf3 page is constantly updated with info/offers and news.

BF3 Twitter
Battlefeild Twitter

Anything to do with the beta or the game in general will be posted there.

What I felt like after entering my email into the fake site:

23.jpg

And then I was like:

237.jpg

Back from vacation and the beta hasn't started yet!

#winning

:D

Yes, this beta has great timing for me. I had a code for the beta but ended up being out of town for the last one, I ended up giving it to a friend so no waste :D

Back