• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is BF3 going to be using punkbuster? I really hope not as I cant overclock my 6970 beyond CCC because every program errors with PB and I need PB to play BC2 :/

It most likely will use PB. That said, you can rename a file that MSI afterburner uses to prevent those errors/issues. I'm typing from my phone so I can't link it directly but I'm sure you can search for it like I did.

I downloaded the preview drivers from AMD. Looks like they are corrupt. I've tried it 3 times. Anyone else having this problem?

As I said the beta drivers are nothing perfect, I suggest just waiting. The beta driver may do more harm than good at this point.

No what I meant is that the file that's up there now is corrupt. According to Catalyst Maker, is should be corrected "in a few hours." That was about 3-4 hours ago :-/

Beta start times

For those with early access, the beta starts on September 27 at these times:

5 AM US Pacific
8 AM US Eastern
2 PM Central Europe (14:00)
10 PM AEST (Australia)
9 PM JST (Japan)

Back