• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmarking software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

I have a new GPU coming in today and i was wondering what software you guys recommend for benchmarking it to find the exact performance increase (for gaming obviously)? I am going from 2 GTX 560's in SLI to a single GTX 670. If the software has settings, what settings would you recommend for accurate testing?

inb4 3D mark...

Here are a few others as well(geared towards gaming):

- Crysis Benchmark
- FURMARK
- UNIEngine
- and FRAPS for in-game benching

3DMark only has one setting (in the free version) and it is pretty low settings-wise. Is that really going to show me all the difference?

LOL pwn... 3dMark11, Unigine Heaven (use hwbot version as people that are in the know on these things use that version).

3DMark only has one setting (in the free version) and it is pretty low settings-wise. Is that really going to show me all the difference?

Yes, it will. However as EarthDog mentioned the HWbot version of Unigine Heaven is definitely a high fidelity benchmark which will test all of the special functionality. Best of all it's free!

So for someone who wants to test the card in say a more universal/enthusiast setting which one would you recommend?

So for someone who wants to test the card in say a more universal/enthusiast setting which one would you recommend?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but form what I gather PC Mark Vantage would be a good option. Quit honestly the best testing is simply playing games. Get something like Metro 2033 and crank up the settings (or run the benchmark).

Also, I'm sure you will be pleased with your 670. I absolutely love mine.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but form what I gather PC Mark Vantage would be a good option. Quit honestly the best testing is simply playing games. Get something like Metro 2033 and crank up the settings (or run the benchmark).

Also, I'm sure you will be pleased with your 670. I absolutely love mine.

I just want to see how much better my 670 will preform, problem is I know it won't be a lot. I probably won't notice all that much with the naked eye so I am looking for something that can rate the card :p

I just want to see how much better my 670 will preform, problem is I know it won't be a lot. I probably won't notice all that much with the naked eye so I am looking for something that can rate the card :p

You should definitely be able to notice on Metro 2033 and some other games. Also, get two monitors. One 670 will destroy 2 560's SLI with multi screens. Otherwise, 3d Mark 11 + UH.

Ok...current score on the Heaven is 1157, sound like a good baseline for my two 560's? resolution is 1680x1050 (don't have my 1080p on me) and everything maxed.

Did you get the hwbot version? Most run it at extreme which is 1920x1080

I couldn't find it actually, looked all over the site o.o So I used the 3.0 version. What's the difference?

EDIT: Just got here and threw it in already :D Barley fits into my case but...it raised the score to 1250! I knew it wouldn't be much but the extra VRAM will help with my multi-monitor setup when I get back home after the holidays is over :p

Last edited:
Back