• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bending pins really sucks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Needitcooler

So I received my new 2.4c from Newegg the other day, and upon opening the box I noticed the pins looked funny. Turns out like 3 of them were slightly bent. I was too impatient to RMA and wait for a new one, so I took to the task of bending those pins back straight. Man, was that about the most difficult task I have ever undertaken. My eyeballs are still buggin out of my head.:bang head

:bang head

I did this with a pair of tweasers...and it actually still worked! But it sucked, so I got my rightfully deserved RMA....:D

BENT pins are one thing. . . . I remember a horror story or two where, in the attempt to straighten them, pins have borken off. . :O . . . WATCH them pins folks :D

I used a credit card as well, it worked, but it was still annoying and a total pain. However, I'm sure it was easier than using tweezers or a pen tip :D

That's an even better suggestion, and you are from Lynnwood which makes it the best suggestion ever.

I grew up in Mill Creek.

The last time that I had bent pins I used tweezers.
The mechanical pencil idea is a great one, I'll definitally try that next time I need to fix a bent pin.

last time i bent some pins i just used my finger nales, it seamed easy for me, but yea that machanical pencil sounds like a great way to do it also.

PS: i just noticed that A LOT of people in this thread lives in western washingtion, i live in kent btw. but hey, since everyone lives so dang close, if someone hears about any big LAN party's, let me know!

ME: Do not try and bend the pins. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

YOu: What truth?

ME: There is no pin.

You: There is no pin?

Me: Then you'll see, that it is not the pin that bends, it is only yourself.

---

yes i love the matrix that much!!!, if your having trouble figuring what im talking about its whre neo talks to the kid with the spoon, instead of spoon i MODED IT! to be the pins of the cpu..
OH YA IM A TRUE GEEK!:attn:

Is your left nipple that much harder than your right? THat is wonderful.

I only said I lived in W Washington. I got the hell out as soon as I graduated High School in 96. Cascade High. Woo Hoo. Now live in S Cali. The weather is exponetially better.

Had a single bent pin on my 1700+ when it arrived in the mail today; just grabbed the pair of needlenose pliers that happened to be within reach, and very carefully bent it back into place. Worked great :D

Back