• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damaged Pins in socket, motherboard doesn't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can ask ASUS. They typically charge ~$50-100 for a socket replacement. If the motherboard is under warranty then you lose warranty but they give you 3 months for the repair. At least this is how it works in the EU.
Recently they were rejecting repairs because of shortage of some components, but you can always ask them.

Btw. current sockets are so fragile that they deform even from proper installation. I had 2 motherboard with bent pins that wasn't my fault. The CPU was installed once and after some weeks/months when I wanted to replace it, I noticed that 2-3 pins are slightly bent (like they were reflecting light in a bit different angle than others). One time I had a fight with ASUS, but they replaced the motherboard and another time the motherboard was 100% stable so I just left it like that.

Last edited:
Back