• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best $2,000 gaming build to be used with 34" UltraWide Curved Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So..... USB 2.0? USB 3.0?

Try the rear ports instead of the front ports.

the storage usb is usb 3, so it's in a usb 3 port. the other 2 are usb 2, so they're in usb 2. the rear ports are all in use

the storage usb is usb 3, so it's in a usb 3 port. the other 2 are usb 2, so they're in usb 2. the rear ports are all in use

If you're using all your rear ports, then 3 front ports, that means you have 11 ports in use.
It's most likely that you're overloading the Intel Chipset/PCH because there are that many devices being run off of it.
You unplugging the front devices and not having issues lead into this theory.

overloading from a few usb devices? it's the 21st century..this build should be able to run 100 usbs at the same time. What would be the solution to this ?

overloading from a few usb devices? it's the 21st century..this build should be able to run 100 usbs at the same time. What would be the solution to this ?

11 ports is not a few lol. There's only so much the chipsets can handle. Unplug a few devices and re-test

Eleven is a far cry from "a few"...
As Bishoff said, a chipset only has so much throughput that it can provide. Once you cap it, you run out of bandwidth for your devices.
If you wanted something to run a dozen USB devices then you should have bought a motherboard that handles more USB connections.
If we had known this at the start then we could have helped you choose a better option as well.

Quick fix, buy a USB AIC.

I run the same crap he does from the looks of it. Don't have too many issues with latency. I'm wondering if the wireless keyboard is the culprit. Interference and otherwise.

I'd also like to point out post 44 of this thread haha

hahaha..well played. I read someehere that someone had the same issue and just bought a different mouse/keyboard with a different frequency and it fixed their problem. meh.

- - - Updated - - -

unplugging devices fixes the issue. but i need them plugged lol

- - - Updated - - -

could you please provide me with a link to exactly what i need to buy? I don't know what that is - i'll just buy it and see if it'll fix my issue.

hahaha..well played. I read someehere that someone had the same issue and just bought a different mouse/keyboard with a different frequency and it fixed their problem. meh.

- - - Updated - - -

unplugging devices fixes the issue. but i need them plugged lol

- - - Updated - - -

could you please provide me with a link to exactly what i need to buy? I don't know what that is - i'll just buy it and see if it'll fix my issue.

Go get a cheap wired keyboard and see if that helps dude

by the way guys, there's only 4 USB ports in the rear of the computer..the issue was occurring when there were 4 devices in the back and 3 in the front..so 7. not 11. is 7 still a high number.. ?

- - - Updated - - -

ordering one soon. also ordering that usb aic in case issue persists.

If those seven are all on the same controller and a couple are higher bandwidth, then yes.

update: it's been a week in which the front ports have been unused. So only the rear 4 have been in use. was observing to see if the issue still persists. it still persists even with 4 ports in use...at this point i'm ordering a wired keyboard + mouse. will observe with that.
Unrelated, i just received my RMA replacement for the video card, temps average 83 after playing GTA for 15 minutes. and when driving at high speed, it seems to go laggy sometimes. like the frame freezes really quick then it resumes. sounds like another bad card?
: (

What's your fan config in your case? Please include model number, location, and airflow direction.
Sounds more like poor case airflow to me.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe.html

instead of the 1 x 200mm in the front, i replaced it with 2 x 140 mm on top of eachother.
So, 2 in the front, the 2 fans [Phanteks PH-TC14PE] of the cpu cooler, and 1 exhaust fan x 140mm.
airflow is front to rear..

i'm thinking of getting 3 more 140mm ones to put them on top of the case. should i ?

Last edited:
not quite sure how to install bottom fans since i have a cover that covers the PSU

update: after using wired keyboard/mouse i'm not experiencing any issues :) so weird.
now i have to look for some nice keyboard/mouse online and christmas myself haha

Back