• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best $2,000 gaming build to be used with 34" UltraWide Curved Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no ACX cooler. it is this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487138

gtx.jpg

i'm assuming an idle of 65 celsius is acceptable since 85 celsius while gaming is the norm for this card.

p.s. what is the software that people use to verify in-game numbers such as gpu/cpu usage/temperature/fps/etc. i see it in most gpu card reviews on youtube.

Last edited:
I don't have a reference 980Ti so I have no idea. That graph you posted though is with a gaming load on it. It does not show idle. This one does and shows 41C...: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti/35.html

But what is your ambient temperature? Are your intake fans in the front of the case on? What happens if you open the side panel up, does that temp drop?

MSI Afterburner is what can give you what you are looking for.

well mine idles at 65. i guess i'll dump some water on it to cool it down lol. i'm not sure what can be at fault in a case like this. bad card? bad mobo? ..

Mobo has nothing to do with it... I doubt it is bad.

Again, are those fans on the front of your case intake and on?

Ambient temp is 22-23 celsius [73, 74 fahrenheit]. I have 2 x 140mm fans in the front of the case which are On at all times. Haven't observed gpu tmp with the side panel off.

will do today and will observe throughout the weekend and report after. people are probably hating me already for this 100 page thread LOL

on a separate note, this beautiful thing popped up again..this being in PCIe slot #2. And after the latest update..

*pulls out a cigarette furiously*

time to contact EVGA for a return ?

kernel.jpg

EVGA Fans turn off below 60c, 65c idle seems high as hell though. Try running msi afterburner and setting a fan profile, see if that helps.

left it running for a few hours without the side panel on. gpu temp is 62-63 idling

You can run FL off of a AMD proc such as mine and it runs just fine. The only time you will see issues is with very CPU intensive VST's and polophony involving more than 10 notes at once. All of that being said I have 0 issues running FL on my rig other than the fact that I have yet to invest in a sound card and ASIO does not like running certain settings off the onboard sound on my M5A99FX.

Intel is a great choice and I think you will be very happy but if you have the money to blow go All intel

You can run FL off of a AMD proc such as mine and it runs just fine. The only time you will see issues is with very CPU intensive VST's and polophony involving more than 10 notes at once. All of that being said I have 0 issues running FL on my rig other than the fact that I have yet to invest in a sound card and ASIO does not like running certain settings off the onboard sound on my M5A99FX.

Intel is a great choice and I think you will be very happy but if you have the money to blow go All intel

that's what I did ! waiting on my new interface ..already returned a Scarlett 2i4 due to crackling and other weird things. waiting on native komplete audio 6. maybe better luck with that

- - - Updated - - -

65C idle is high, and I don't think the reference coolers do shut the fan off.

I'm thinking you have an RMA situation.

sad day.. this would be my first experience with RMA so I don't know how it works. do they send me a replacement so I can swap them out then send my /defective/ one? or do I send mine first and wait without a gpu until I receive a new one ?

If things go smooth you should have a new one sent back in a week's time or so. EVGA also offers cross shipping, at a price of course.

Bit late to the party mate lol

i let it idle again with the side panel off --just to be certain-- from 1 to 5 until i get home. will observe the readings..it was in the 60s when i left. most likely will give evga a call and arrange RMA :( and i was excited to play batman lol

Back