• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Anti-Freeze to Tint Orange?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had some Cooler Master 80mm Blue LED fans lying around in a box for a while, so I just opened them. The led's are extremely easy to get to ... I could just clip the wires right off them and solder on a new one without much fuss at all. Be a little painstaking doing that for 11 fans (so 44 LEDs/88 tiny little wires), but it'd be easy.

I think I may just do that. =D Buy a bunch of fans and just replace the LEDs. Is 5mm the standard size, you think? I know I've seen some 3mm ones around, too. Not sure what size Cooler Master uses in its TLF-S12 120mm LED fans.

Though I may look at those SilenX fans some more, too. They're just expensive as all get out. =(

Would just replacing the Blue LEDs with Orange ones work? I know different colors have different power requirements and whatnot.

Last edited:
I have the Orange Dex-Cool in my loop. But at about 8%-10% it is basically clear. When I bought it I asked the guy at NAPA for red antifreeze and he gave me this stuff.

I didn't tell him it was going in my computer though ;)

Awesome. I'll just pick up some of that, then. Are there different types of Dex-Cool? I think I saw some Prestone at Walmart last night, but I didnt notice if it was Dex-Cool or not.

I'll post pics of what I have and how it looks in my loop/the gallon of the stuff I made up when I was setting my system up...give me a sec. BTW, this is a 10% solution.

IM000478.jpg

IM000480.jpg

IM000479.jpg

Last edited:
I like yours better - I saw his today and wanted to make sure I didn't get that dark. I figured the less opaque the anti-freeze is, the more the orange UV dye will shine.

Alchemy1 said:
I'll post pics of what I have and how it looks in my loop/the gallon of the stuff I made up when I was setting my system up...give me a sec. BTW, this is a 10% solution.

exact same stuff i got to do a orange water loop for a friends setup. looks great with a dfi lp mobo behind it.

I don't really know, Probably 15% anti freeze if I had to guess. I kinda just put in enough to give it good color, then I added some orange dye I got from SVC. I do know I ended up using more dye that I thought I would.

Back