• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best App to O/C Radeon 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bowen

Hi, I'm obviously new here to the forums and I'm also new to ATi. I switched from a GeForce Ti4400 O/Ced to over 4600 speeds to a Radeon 9800 Pro along with a complete upgrade to my whole computer. Now my main question is which is the best app/program to use to overclock the Radeon 9800 Pro? I don't suppose the Radeon has anything like the GF4 did like Coolbits which would add a tab to your display control panel to O/C does it? If not I'd appreciate what you guys think is the best program to do so and what do you think I can get with the 9800 Pro (approximately....I know it will vary between users and cards)?

Thanx!

Thanx pip, I'm a little familiar with Powerstrip at least earlier versions of it but I'll have to try Rage3D Tweak as well.

PowerStrip is pretty good. It has LOTS of options for LOTS of different things with your vid card. I tried it out, but didn't use most of the options, and felt it wasn't really worth the price tag to me (PowerStrip is NOT freeware...at least it wasn't when I used it).

I'm using Rage3d tweak now. If all you wanna do is overclock, it's GREAT. It has several more tweaks too. Freeware. Definately check it out.

Back