• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best buy sold out of geforce4s!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ritteri&Bubbles said:
Since we already have a Ti4600 to play with, I can tell you YES, it is alot faster in quite a few games already, many games though it isnt noticeable, but this card is everything the Ti500 wasnt. Nvidia got all the pieces right on this one.

is yours an engineering sample or preproduction? maybe you got it in best buy? I heard only the mx's are out now

It gets weirder, folks...

Just got another email from Best Buy...

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com!

Unfortunately, the following item(s) are still unavailable to be shipped, but we hope to be able to ship this item(s) to you soon.

If you prefer to cancel this item from your order, please contact our Customer Care representatives at [email protected] or call our Online Store help center toll-free at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ORDER NUMBER:XXXXXXX
Order Date: Feb 6, 2002
Credit Card Used: ************XXXX

Item Description Type Qty Web Price Total Status
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 46 --- 1 $129.99 $129.99 On Backorder

Keep in mind, your credit card will only be charged after each item has left our warehouse.

Your satisfaction is our main goal and we value your business. Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com! <http://www.bestbuy.com>

If you have any questions or concerns about your order, here are 4 easy ways to find the answers:

1. Check your order status online anytime by going to this link and logging in: http://www.BestBuy.com/Accounts/Signin.asp or by clicking on the "My Account" button at the top of our website store pages.

2. Visit the Information Center section of our website at: http://www.BestBuy.com/InfoCenter or by clicking on the "Information Center" button at the top of our website store pages.

3. Email us anytime at mailto:[email protected]

4. Contact our Customer Care representatives toll-free at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289).

My order still shows "in process/ on order" at their website.

I imagine that this is a form letter put out automatically by their computer systems, but it does not lend much credence to their claim of a "sytem error", does it??

Bizarre.

Maybe I'll actually get mine!

Well, heh, we'll see....

:cool:

Some of us are still running 32MB SDR GeForce2 MX 400s. I personally have no problem paying $400 for a two or three generation upgrade. I wasn't willing to pay $400 for a GeForce 3. As far as I found, it didn't really bring anything new to the table. So for now, yeah, my GF2MX400 is doing fine. Do I want a better card? You betcha. Will I go out and buy a GF4 right now? Nah, I'll wait and see what happens. Who know, perhaps I'll wait for a GeForce 5 next year.

The 2 samples our store got were preproduction models, both from PNY. They are NOT MX series cards. They are both Ti4600's. And you can tell you're playing on a new breed of card. Even using compressed textures show a huge difference in just visual quality. Frame rates like I said earlier are anywhere from about 10 percent faster to easliy double that over a Ti500. Aquanox,SS,UR2,MOHAA,SS2,NR4 are just a few examples where there is a BIG difference in framerate, and visual quality. Games like any 2d RTS(starcraft etc), Quake, etc dont really show a difference, but thats because a GF2 Ultra still smokes on games with older simple codes anyway. And After getting in a BRAND new very RARE Viewsonic PF77 17" digital CRT(has DVI inputs,perfect flat screen, unipitch grill and ARAG treatment)and a NEC FP1375x 22" digital CRT, it shows how these cards truely kick serious ***.

Im telling people, its time to upgrade all those cheesy analog monitors and get a smokin CRT with DVI input now, as its really showing to be worth the cash! Picture quality is insane. I feel like I can put my hand inside the screen on some shots. ANd best of all you can get (if you can find one that is)the VIewsonic PF77 for under $350 shipped.

I have this sinking feeling that all the guys who went for the $129 price at BEstbuy will end up paying $399. I hope I'm wrong, but it does say at the web site price subject to change without notice.

I think the point is, getting more bang for your dollar. Not the greatest and latest out there. What challenge is that?????

Any one with cash, can submit, purchase, but are they really proving anything?

Nope.

:D

I'm waiting for the Ti series no doubt. Im running GF2 MX400 64mb now, so I'm expecting the upgrade to be quite substantial especially running more modern day games such as UR2 MOHAA etc.

btw can anyone give me a link to better understand AA?

The people who are paying $129 are buying an MX420 video card, NOT a Ti4600. Nobody is gonna get a Ti4600 for less than $399 for the firstr few weeks after its available.

MaximusGladius said:
I think the point is, getting more bang for your dollar. Not the greatest and latest out there. What challenge is that?????

Any one with cash, can submit, purchase, but are they really proving anything?

Nope.

:D

I agree with you about getting more bang for the buck I am always researching and reading forums about stuff. The latest may not be the best but I do my homework till I find the greatest :D

Ritteri&Bubbles said:
The 2 samples our store got were preproduction models, both from PNY. They are NOT MX series cards. They are both Ti4600's. And you can tell you're playing on a new breed of card. Even using compressed textures show a huge difference in just visual quality. Frame rates like I said earlier are anywhere from about 10 percent faster to easliy double that over a Ti500. Aquanox,SS,UR2,MOHAA,SS2,NR4 are just a few examples where there is a BIG difference in framerate, and visual quality. Games like any 2d RTS(starcraft etc), Quake, etc dont really show a difference, but thats because a GF2 Ultra still smokes on games with older simple codes anyway. And After getting in a BRAND new very RARE Viewsonic PF77 17" digital CRT(has DVI inputs,perfect flat screen, unipitch grill and ARAG treatment)and a NEC FP1375x 22" digital CRT, it shows how these cards truely kick serious ***.

Im telling people, its time to upgrade all those cheesy analog monitors and get a smokin CRT with DVI input now, as its really showing to be worth the cash! Picture quality is insane. I feel like I can put my hand inside the screen on some shots. ANd best of all you can get (if you can find one that is)the VIewsonic PF77 for under $350 shipped.

Man le$$ than $350 for a digitial CRT flatpanal? thats a killer price, even for a 15" I saw some of them, they look like LCDs, same size and thickness, but they are called digitial LCDs not sure on price, but 17" analog LCD cost like $800. I still like my 19" crt though :) at least it can do lower resolutions and still fill the whole screen. digitial lcds cant do below their native resolution unless you want a tiny picture with a huge black border

Viewsonic's 17" PF77, if you can find one still they sell for under $400 shipped, have 16" viewable area, .25 unipitch grille,perfectflat screen,ARAG treatment with DVI input, they were recently discontinued because of manufacturing cost and originally sold for about $500 roughly. Killer monitor.

They have a few left on the web brand new for about $300. I would ask for a loan from the GF or rents if possible, this is one of those very rare diamonds that lies around untouched.

Ritteri&Bubbles said:
They have a few left on the web brand new for about $300. I would ask for a loan from the GF or rents if possible, this is one of those very rare diamonds that lies around untouched.

I would ask my GF but she's only 16 and doesn't have a lot of cash on hand either;). I would have the money but the place I worked at is closed for 2 months for repairs(that job's how i got the money for the amd system). I might be able to pull something together but i doubt it. I'll keep trying of course;)

]-[itman said:

I would ask my GF but she's only 16 and doesn't have a lot of cash on hand either;). I would have the money but the place I worked at is closed for 2 months for repairs(that job's how i got the money for the amd system). I might be able to pull something together but i doubt it. I'll keep trying of course;)

How old are you? im 19 but cant get a Gf or date :( guess im a true computer nerd. at least I got my 15 computers to keep me company :) anyways do you think they will make more digitial CRT/LCDs in a few years?

I don't think I'll be purchasing a new monitor until the newer CRTs or especially LCD screens break the .24-dot-pitch-and-still-be-affordable barrier. I like my 19" that I have now, good gaming monitor, it just doesn't do higher resolutions (anything higher than 1600x1200). But then, neither does that Viewsonic.

BTW anyone check out that 21" monitor from Apple? FANTASTIC...if you have $2,500.

dot pitch specs are nothing to completely judge a monitor on. But any monitor that can display a .25 dpi across the entire screen sure is nothing to sneeze at. The .25 is a diagonal measurement BTW too on the above item, not the usual horizontal that most manufacturers give.

Oh boy, now they're trying to placate us or buy us off:

Just got another email:

We sincerely apologize for the error in your recent pre-order of the
VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Graphics Accelerator. Because we value you as a
BestBuy.com customer, we would like to offer you a $30 digital coupon to use
on your next online purchase.

Click here to redeem this coupon or visit our homepage, click on Redeem Coupons,
and enter and redeem the following code before February 28th, 2002:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (coupon code).

If you have received a backorder email notification from us, please disregard
the backorder email notification, your original order of this graphics
accelerator has been cancelled. We apologize for any disappointment this
cancellation may cause.

Thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us with
any questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
The Customer Care Team

(Coupon can only be used one time and must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. CST
2/28/02. Coupon cannot be redeemed for gift card purchases. Redeemable
online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not redeemable
for cash. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. Not valid
as payment on the Best Buy credit card.)

So, I can link to their site and use a $30 off coupon - or wait to see what Kyle/Steve and Hypothermia can arrange...

What would you do?

Overclocker550 said:

How old are you? im 19 but cant get a Gf or date :( guess im a true computer nerd. at least I got my 15 computers to keep me company :) anyways do you think they will make more digitial CRT/LCDs in a few years?

I'm 16 and still in hs so i have a few girls to choose from ;) GF's aren't the best combination for overclocking but hey, it's something to do on the weekends after you have everything oc'd to the max;)

I think you should take the $30 gift they're offering you and count your blessings, because it is more than I'd give.

Back