• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy Sued for Price Match Policy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This seems very characteristic of them. I got a warranty from them on a TV I bought. The sales man told me that if anything breaks they will either fix it in store or replace it with the same or similar model. A year into my two year warranty the component connections break while removing the cables. I take it in and they say they don't cover physical damage and it will need to be sent out to the manufacturer and it probably won't be covered by their warranty. I complained a bit and eventually asked for my warranty money back, which they refunded at a prorated amount. A few minutes later I bitched to one of the sales man about it and he said "Oh no, we cover that sort of damage".

LOL anyone can play that game
KDE 4 as Windows 7

Well sure, but the majority of people hated vista due to hearsay alone. The same is true for best buy. Even newegg is expensive on some things. On small items the shipping is outright stupid.

Seagate Free Agent 500GB External HDD, ONSALE at BB for $90 + tax, $86 w/ free ship.

And for how many days do you have to wait to get it?
What happens if the drive arrives and doesnt work?

for me the extra $4 is worth it for those 2 above reasons, i walk in, walk out, install done, i dont have to wait from 2-7 days to get the item, and if it doesnt work go through ther hassle of RMA through newegg, wait another week or 2 to get it back, i walk into the store, return / exchange, done.

It's not price match any more, it's price protection or 'price guarantee' as they say it only. Someone ought to sue for calling it price match! :p

Points # 1 through 4: Only they can overcome their own ignorance.
Point # 5 I consider valid.

Seriously, if people haven't figured out it is a buyer beware market by now, especially with the economy the way it is, they're doing themselves a great injustice.

Agreed. Honestly if people even compare Best Buy to Staples they will see how ridiculously priced BB is.

3. Measure twice, cut once.

Good advice for every circumcision.

Wonder what BB would do if I went to the local store here and started handing out flyers for places like Newegg, ZZF and more, etc. Just to educate people about their options.

I'm seriously considering doing this, I despise BB that much.

You can stay off their property and still do it. Newegg and places alike should definitely start flooding our mail boxes with their flyers. I know tons of people still buy from online retailers, but comparitively their customer base is reduced by pure e-marketting.

Back