• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooler for GF4 4600 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
phase change or LN 2 cooling =P
yo could go water cooling, just add it to your loop, and get some ram sinks, or a vga silencer would do just as well, and is cheaper

Nothing really great out there for the TI series. Vantec Iceberq4 Pro or Thermaltake GF4 cooler Pro are better than stock, but not by much.

If you used a VGA Silencer, you'd have to figure a different way to mount it since it's mounting holes are for Radeon cards.

Amourek said:
Nothing really great out there for the TI series. Vantec Iceberq4 Pro or Thermaltake GF4 cooler Pro are better than stock, but not by much.

If you used a VGA Silencer, you'd have to figure a different way to mount it since it's mounting holes are for Radeon cards.

Which has already been done, VGA silencer on a Ti4200, yeah! How did I do it? The outer plates of a bicycle chain, to make an adjustable system. Bodges dont get any better, lol!

The Iceberq isn't bad. At least it's copper and its fan is not loud. It also moves more air than for example the stock Asus fan. The blue LEDs may be a drawback if you don't like them.

One thing you may need in addition is a set of memory sinks. The Vantec comes with only four, which are also not stellar (alu with copper-look paint).

As always when a question containing the brandname ThermalTake is asked, the answer is: mediocre. ;)

I'm currently using the stock HSF from my retail AMD 2500 barton on my TI4200, held on w/ superglue on the corners.

karsten

FIZZ3 said:
As always when a question containing the brandname ThermalTake is asked, the answer is: mediocre. ;)

Very True!

How much better would water cooling the GPU be than using a Vantec or Thermaltake GPU cooler?

In general h2o would be better, but it depends a bit on your choice of components for the watercooling system. With a powerful (custom) system and a good GPU block, the GPU will be cooled significantly better than is possible with air in that small space. Another convincing reason to go h2o is the elimination of a fan there & having less noise.

Back