• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooler for P4 2GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
new swiftech-462+ or alpha pal8942

i went the alpha route because they can cool very well with only 50 cfm, while the swifty performs best with a screamer.

i didnt mention the ax-478 mainly because im opposed to use anything but mobo mounting holes to mount my sink

Well because it is a willy, I'd say just keep the stock HSF because it will not overclock much at all compared to the Northwoods. Just get rid of the thermal pad and use some Arctic Silver III.

How much did your water cooling cost, and was it hard to do ?

What2097 said:
How much did your water cooling cost, and was it hard to do ?

Hmm..., these are approximate
$14 tubing (Tygon)
$25 Heatercore
$100 1140gph pump (it's a whopper)
home made shroud $0
Home made res $5
Home made waterblock $? (Various models made)
I had the fans $0

You could settle for a $50 pump and a $50 waterblock to get a setup goin for yourself in that price range if you have fans and make your own shroud and resevoir.
It was a labor of love:D
It would not be hard for you to do with all the help you can get from around here.

i recommend Alpha pal 8942... my 2,4 p4 is running now @ 2925(1,64V) ja temperature is 45c... Alpha isn't very expensive but very cool =)

Intrepid6546 said:
How well does the alpha do compared to the coolermaster IHC-H71?

idle temperatures are allmost same but on pure torture Alpha keeps my p4 over 10c cooler than stock... and i'm using small and quiet 80x80 instead of Delta(delta would be way better) =) one guy here overclocked his 1,6A @ 3,19 with Alpha and delta :D

Back