• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best D27 for NF7-S rev.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I recently received my refurbished NF7-S being that you can hardly find a new one. Needless, what D27 BIOS has everyone been having good luck with.

Check out my specs below in my sig. Nothing has changed hardware wise, just my specs. Right now Im at 174X11.5=2001MHz. I am the lowest voltages all the way around, i.e., vcore, vdimm, ect. Im not going to really oc it until I can get a good BIOS on there.

My ram isnt TCCD but it has fairly good stock rating 6-3-3-2, dual channel.

What do you guys think?

I had my best success with D27_619R2, it let me rock and roll at 240mhz, it passed memtest at 2-3-3-7 for about 10 hours, when i shut it down, it was completey windows stable, primed blend test just fine, with 0 swap file, and set to use 512mb, but failed 3d, changeing to 2-3-3-11 fixed me up. It was the only bios that ive tried that made my system completely stable, mantarays xt bombed for me, second place was D26_EDC18, worked good, but not 100% stable.

Tebore said:
^^ Yep Trats D27 619R2 2T is amazing. Rock solid stability and crazy speed.
I just tried Trats D27 619R 2T but I get higher fsb with TicTacs D27-3dfire-1T. Dont know why as I have one gig of ram.

I know this is old as dirt but does anyone have any of the modded d27 bios for the NF7-S v2??

I actually did, about 6 months ago, I formatted that drive, sorry :(

Edit:

click the link in my last post, it still works :thup:

Out of the d27 mods do you recall which worked best? I have Trats and Taipan, but dont have TicTac's. Currently I am running Merlin's version of d26 and can operate at an fsb of 217. I want to push this system to its maximum....as it is I am running 2.5gigs (which isn't supposed to be possible) at 2.5-3-2-11 and 2.718Ghz @ 1.95v with an XP2800+M. Thanks again.

Will it go farther with 2gb?

I think I used d27 alot. the ocz ram i had at the time was weird. but with d26 taipan I believe I was able to run close to 245 2-3-3-11 with the CPC on bios. (But usually around 236-237mhz 2-3-3-6 ;) ) I think cpc off was good for cas 2.5, or cas3, wich believe it or not, my ocz would not run anything but cas2, I found that out the hard way! A few mild heart attacks later.. lol.. Anyways, I dont exactly remember the results I got from Merlins bios, but I think I had better luck with his, over Tic Tacs. But I blame that on my ram, totally! Back then it was about $245cnd for the ocz stuff I had. At the time I was really jealous of my American counterparts :D

Im looking at my NFS-S rev2 right now, and the bios is hosed on it :(

I was able to bring my 3rd socket a cpu to 2800mhz with around 2.25v, or 2.3vcore and about 15 fans with a solid copper heatsink lol..

I miss that thing :(

It hung with some of the hardcore DFI guys performance wise :thup:

I was also just a closet bencher back then :D

Thanks for the memories compadre :)

AXP-M2500 <3 :)

Thanks guys.

I dont know bench test wise, but I can tell you real time performance wise it runs much better with 2.5g of ram, I am going to try to run 3 gigs.

I tried a few of the Bios and they dont post at all ended up using Merlin D27. I get a checksum error with the others. Maybe because my HDD is SATA?

You old time NF7 guys would love my rig, its a mix of all the best new and whatever old I needed to make the old board run. I had a hell of a time getting any memory to work right. 5 returns later and after some hand picking, testing and special ordering directly from Taiwan by OCZ, things were running. It just seems that every time MS has a new update my stuff gets out of wack for a while. BTW OCZ, great customer care, highly recommended.

I dont have any volt mods done.....

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I dont know bench test wise, but I can tell you real time performance wise it runs much better with 2.5g of ram, I am going to try to run 3 gigs.

I tried a few of the Bios and they dont post at all ended up using Merlin D27. I get a checksum error with the others. Maybe because my HDD is SATA?

You old time NF7 guys would love my rig, its a mix of all the best new and whatever old I needed to make the old board run. I had a hell of a time getting any memory to work right. 5 returns later and after some hand picking, testing and special ordering directly from Taiwan by OCZ, things were running. It just seems that every time MS has a new update my stuff gets out of wack for a while. BTW OCZ, great customer care, highly recommended.

I dont have any volt mods done.....

hey how tricky is the nf7 boards for memory if i just want to run ram pretty stock? my old nf2 board croaked so i'm looking to get another old nf2 board.

Here is D27 Taipan CPC OFF with 4276 SATA BIOS. I tried every BIOS out there back in the day and this was the best one for my setup.

Abit NF7-S v2 D27 Taipan CPC Off / 2600+ Mobile IQYHA / 150GB Raptor / OCZ 520w Powerstream
246FSB @ 11x OC'ed to ~ 2706 @ 1.93v - load temp @ 50c (15c in winter)
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC 3200 OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K / 2.5 - 2 - 2 - 10 @ 2.7v
6800GT - OC'ed to 420 / 1150 / Logitech Z-640 5.1 w/ Nvidia soundstorm / 22" Westy
Via Aqua 1300, MCW 6000, Maze4 GPU, Dual Micro Rad, Bay Rez

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4596525&postcount=2402

Thank you Jigga!!

vgta88, running it stock you should have no problems at all, its only when you start to OC that things get tricky.

I used to have a NF7 as well :D Loved that board!! I had a XP3200, so my situation was a little different than what you have but, I recall using tictac's d27 and being able to achieve a FSB of I believe 232 with 2.0V ;) I loved that system! Good luck with this classic board!

Back