• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fans for Fractal Design Arc Midi case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MX5J6

I am going to be getting the case stated in the title, I have been thinking of moving the top 140 to the front with the other and connecting them via the fan controller. That leaves the top pretty open so which would be the best fans for the top of this case? 120mm? 140mm? I saw in the video on newegg the top can also house a 180mm? So what would be the best option? I would prefer the quietest option though noise isn't a huge deal because i game with headphones but outside of gaming I don't want a leaf blower next to me.

If you want to go full 180mm, get Silverstone fans. Them and Phobya are virtually the only ones who make 180mm fans anyways.

As for 140's and 120's, there are so many options to choose from. It's honestly moreso what looks good for you, and how much you are willing to spend. Are you doing a color scheme? If so, try the Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED fans.

Thanks I'll look into those and no color scheme really. I just want something simple preferably black or white. I guess that would be considered a color scheme?

Well I'm gonna remove the top hdd cage for my gpu and I was gonna move the top 140 to the front for more intake which is why I was thinking of adding another fan to the top, with all that being said do you still think it will still be enough? Or should I just move the front fan down and keep the top fan where it is?

Meh I guess you're right. I was going to do it to move air over my hdd but moving it freely to my gpu is probably a better idea.

I mean in such a small case, you don't have a whole lot to worry about. Hard drives don't get WAY too hot to function. You're right, more air to the card probably would be a better idea than over the hard drives.

Back