• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best [Free] Driver Updating Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baseballkid3497

Registered
Recently, I bought an ASUS A550C laptop for roughly $450. As a student, it felt like a decent deal. However, this laptop is unbearably slow. I've tried fixing optimization issues, removing junk files and fragmented files with AVG PC TuneUp. I'm hoping that I can update these drivers to get rid of this painfully slow speed. I appreciate all suggestions in the mean time, and thank you for all he help.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust a driver update program unless it was from the manufacturer themselves. The only exception is nvidia drivers, which I always get directly off their website.

Look on Asus' website for the drivers. You shouldn't have to be updating that often.

Driver updates probably won't cure a "painfully" slow laptop. It's probably more due to needing a fresh OS install or a lot of programs running in the background. Some anti-virus programs can have a huge impact on performance too, and for that matter if there is a virus on the computer, that too can bring it to a crawl.

Back