• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best GPU for A 6 monitor set up that is still good for hard gaming??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Relentless_Engr

So im trying to get everything planned for a new 6 monitor build. (I've put together a couple smaller systems already)

I want a 2x3 monitor set up that will mostly be used for CAD work, FEA and general computing, but I also want to be able to disable the top 3 monitors and game with the bottom 1x3 monitor row as a normal 3 monitor set up.

I cant seem to find a strait answer anywhere if this can be done (mainly how to do a good 6 monitor set up). I really like the Asus posiden GTX 780 cards but from what I can tell an AMD card will be better for this.

So is it possible to set up what I'm describing? And if so how would I go about doing it?

Oh yeah, what ever cards I end up getting will be water cooled, budget isnt really an issue but i would like to try ro keep it under $1200, and the rest of my system will be:

Mobo: Asus rampage IV black LG A 2011
CPU: Intel i7 4930k (water cooled)
Ram: g.skill trident X
Custom built case
Windows 7
PSU will be picked once I know my GPU config.

Last edited:
Dual 290x would likely do really well for that setup. You can configure the monitors and positions in the catalyst control center and windows. Of course it depends on what resolution the screens will be running as well.

First thing you should find out: Do the CAD and FEA software packages you use have CUDA capability?

First thing you should find out: Do the CAD and FEA software packages you use have CUDA capability?

I'm not too sure but I wanna say that 1 of the ones I use does. But I need to look into it more.

Last edited:
I'm not to familiar with ANSYS or autodesk inventor, but all the work computers I've had solidworks, autocad, Catia and Unigraphics on all ran Nvidia Quadro's.

NVidia has a nice forum here.

You might get some better answers there.

Back