• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mainboard for my gtx 580 and t1090

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FaD

hello im looking to buy new mainboard but i dont know what is the best one for me. i want the best mainboard for gaming experince. i know roundabout what i want but im not sure if the 990 and 970 chips from amd good solution for my Nvidea gtx580 are. because with my akktual 890 chip with gigabyte i have lags in gaming. my brother have a nvidea chip with gtx 460 and he can play all games in max and he buy pc only for 280€, mine over 1200€ and mine sucks LOL! please help!

I could buy mainboards with Nvidea chipset but they have no new featuers.

if the 970, 990 amd chip are both good for me please tell me what is the big difference between them about the perfomence

Get a Gigabyte 990FX-UD7. The 990FX has latest chipset while 970 uses the lower-end chipset. In order to hack SLI on AMD board, you might read this one.

why should i hack for sli i only have 1 Videacard and thats enouth. Or do you mea with this hack the gaming performece improve better?

i just want to know if it is a difference in performence between the 990/970 chip and the Nvidea chip like nForce750/980 easy saying HIGH END AMD CHIP + NVIDEA CARD = VERY GOOD GAMING and OVERCLOCKING Performence or not!

The nForce motherboards are very, very old.

The thing is that, outside of overclocking, motherboards should not have an impact on performance. The 890FX and 990FX are almost the same.

If something's lagging with the GTX580, it's probably not the motherboard. I would suspect that you either have driver issues that are dropping your FPS, or your FPS is fine and you're experiencing microstuttering.

Back