• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to get cat5e/ cat6 cable in bulk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raykholo

Registered
Just got a modular crimper from monoprice and I've been running around the house like a kid on Christmas morning making custom length ethernet and phone cables to replace unnecessarily longer ones.

Anyways, I want to know what kind of deals there are on getting 1000' bulk spool of cat5e/ cat6 cable. So far I've seen monoprice at just over $100, which is too expensive, and cmple has a spool for $50. Has anyone seen better deals than 50 bucks or want to to recommend a different course of action for me?

I haven't looked at rj11 yet, and I won't need as much of it, but suggestions for that are welcome as well. (Right now I have access to 100ft terminated phone cord for under $2.50)

Thanks!

Looks like Amazon has a few spools in the low to mid $40s. Just make sure it's cat5e, even though I searched for it it looks like some normal cat5 got tossed in there.

Back