• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Proprietery Case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
Kind a late post, but I was taking out my dead burner in my Compaq this afternoon and replaced it with my new CenDyne/AOpen. Long story short, this case ROCKS! 1 SCREW to take it appart, and I was able to replace the drive and in just 4.75 minutes!:eek: So If you ever come across onna these, pick one up, you'll not be dissapointed! :)

Top Hat Theater said:
Does it have the rails that clip into the optical drive for faster removal?

~THT
That's how most new OEM case are and it's really handy except for the fact that it's really hard to find the rails for sale anywhere if you lose them.

Gateway's cases are OK, too, or at least the ones before their new blackness scheme. It opens with NO screws hehe ;), has the drive rails, a rear 120mm mount, and a front 80mm mount, expandable to like maybe even 2 120's in the front. I would use it, except it only has 2 5.25 bays and a very stupid/ghey/lets just say poorly designed front bezel :eh?:

I saw one of those new Gateways with P4s in teh comp sci lab on campus and those look nice! Easily water cooler that thing. At first I wondered if it was a server and not an OEM comp.

good and proprietary usually dont belong in the same sentence. My family had a compaq with a dead mobo. It took me almost an hour to get the stupid thing open. They used torx screws all over the place. All in all a royal pain. How old is that one- mine was from the pII/PIII era.

the only compaq i ever took apart had a riser system that mounted the expansion cards about 1.5" above the motherboard. absolute joke.

i'd guess that OEM's, even big ones, are outsourcing case manufacturing now.

nealric said:
good and proprietary usually dont belong in the same sentence. My family had a compaq with a dead mobo. It took me almost an hour to get the stupid thing open. They used torx screws all over the place. All in all a royal pain. How old is that one- mine was from the pII/PIII era.

The Compaq I have was bought the day Windows XP was released, :eek::santa:

Only complaint was I had to swap out the burner because it died.(I have never heard of a CD-Drive Dying after only a year)

I hate it when they call the case the cpu. If that's the central processing unit, what else does processing? Do you make objects appear on the screen? Not a big deal though, it's just stupid. Best OEM case I've seen though, I like some old dell cases except its a pain to get the mobo side door off.

Back