• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best psu to OC my winchester

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

What is the best PSU to OC my winchester? nothing too pricey,noise is ok as long as it doesnt sound like a jet(thinks about tt 480w now). I am no biased twoard any brand either......

capmuffin said:
What is the best PSU to OC my winchester? nothing too pricey,noise is ok as long as it doesnt sound like a jet(thinks about tt 480w now). I am no biased twoard any brand either......
Well bro, I hate to say it. But its gonna be a $150+ PSU. S939 draws alot of power.

Either OCZ's 520w Powerstream (awesome, thats what im using)
or a PC Power And Cooling. :(

man_utd said:
I wouldn't rule out a 470W, powerstream, if youa re running a high end video, go for the 520w.
With the kinda power my Winchester is drawing.... I wouldnt go any lower.

Also, dont rule out Antec's 550w True

hmm thanks guys,linkies. good thing i just applied at 4 places

i heard soon they are killing the 470w because of lack of interest, and just keeping the 420 and 520 because they are the most popular

just out of interest isn't the winchester chip meant to be power conserving and you did a thread on how little voltage it needs to run?

jamie_bkc said:
just out of interest isn't the winchester chip meant to be power conserving and you did a thread on how little voltage it needs to run?
That may be so, but once you crank on the voltage it starts drawing ALOT of power. It draws way more than an AXP. Volts may be low, but wattage / amp consumption is high.

You guys should quit buying those Powerstreams so demand will go down...then I can purchase one...hehe. Seriously though the 520 was at one point $119 on Newegg. $40 is a ridiculous mark-up.

mattspalace said:
For that much cash, you should just buy the PC Power and Cooling 510Dlx that in the classifieds - best PSU they make..
that is a good idea,however i do not have access to classifides

Back