• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best ram for my specs !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiko2233

hey guys , i was wondering what kind of ram ( quad ) should be perfect for my specs without pushing the PSU too hard

specs

Mobo rampage formula iv
CPU : 3960x @ 4.20
PSU : cooler master silent pro 1200w

Any other parts? Ram isn't going to put a noticeable dent in any PSU. Unless you are benching, any 1600MHz and possibly 1866MHz DDR3 ram would work. Higher speeds won't provide any real world returns.

Any other parts? Ram isn't going to put a noticeable dent in any PSU. Unless you are benching, any 1600MHz and possibly 1866MHz DDR3 ram would work. Higher speeds won't provide any real world returns.

well i bench a lot and edit HD videos too so i think my CPU is pulled down because of my current ram which is 12gb tri-channel @ 1333mhz

Do you bench like running benchmarks for fun or actually competitive benchmarking on HWBot?

RAM power consumption is near nothing...

Yeah, especially with a 1200W PSU, you could run a hundred sticks...

Just take anything that's 1600 MHz, in your price range, in enough quantity, and from a reputable brand, it usually does the trick. Or 1866MHz it's pretty much the same thing and pretty much the same price.

Do you bench like running benchmarks for fun or actually competitive benchmarking on HWBot?

RAM power consumption is near nothing...

mostly for fun and comparing my scores to others

thanx a lot guys gonna pick up something from ebay soon

I would get something from 1866 kits just because price will be about the same or not much higher than 1600. 1866 is also faster and usually base on better IC what gives you chance for some overclocking if you wish to try that in the future.

Back