• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sub-$250 board to get the max overclock out of a Q6600 and Ballistix DDR2-8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
with what you want to spend, imma have to tip my hat to the Asus board.

Yep...looking that way...

(Ok, I'm a sucker for lots of copper....though I would prefer silver, as I'm a hobby silversmith ;) )

And pulled the trigger on the Asus x38 about an hour ago. Should be here tomorrow if it comes from the New Jersey warehouse. I might get it and installed by this weekend. Depends on how busy I get.

Thanks again for all the help everybody. It made the decision making process a lot easier. :beer:

Just a heads up. While this does seem like a nice board, it is NOT one to use with Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC-8500 1 GB sticks. It won't boot with them.

Edit: I may have a marginal stick. It may have had some impact on it. I have another board that boots with some of them and not others. I'll check the ones that don't on a few other systems and see if they work.

Edit-Edit: Confirmed, 2 dead sticks. The 2 good ones are working great.

Last edited:
Back