• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to get Windows cheap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is no list of schools there. At least I do not see it.

You should have received an email with your logon info.
That email should be in your student email account.

That's how it works for me, and god do I ever loooove Dreamspark.
Picked up XP SP3 keys and Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate keys twice! :thup:

Perks of being a networking student are sweeet

You should have received an email with your logon info.
That email should be in your student email account.

That's how it works for me, and god do I ever loooove Dreamspark.
Picked up XP SP3 keys and Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate keys twice! :thup:

Perks of being a networking student are sweeet

You mean I just need to register with any working email from an educational institution in the USA?

You mean I just need to register with any working email from an educational institution in the USA?

I don't know TBH. I check my student emails and found all my Dreamspark login info there in an email.

We were asked to talk to the co-op student if we didn't have access to Dreamspark....

I don't know TBH. I check my student emails and found all my Dreamspark login info there in an email.

We were asked to talk to the co-op student if we didn't have access to Dreamspark....
Not all schools participate, and not all schools publicize that they do participate.

You can create an account and verify your eligibility at one of the links I posted above, but here's a step-by-step guide on it:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/24768/get-free-student-software-from-microsoft-at-dreamspark/

You guys that have the opportunity to get these educational software programs really should take advantage.
I have no resources to obtain Windows legally so I just bite the bullet and bought a full retail W 8.1.

You guys that have the opportunity to get these educational software programs really should take advantage.
I have no resources to obtain Windows legally so I just bite the bullet and bought a full retail W 8.1.

+1

You basically pay for it with your tuition, get the keys and downloads.
At the very least, get the keys and save them until you need them.

Just realized I have 2 Server 2008 R2 keys :shock:

I did and my ex kept it.....
Luckily I got a free copy from my C++ coding class, but lost the keys ohh well.

I dont beleive in paying for software or copyright laws anyways. Like I said evaulation copy and rearm :)

I dont beleive in paying for software or copyright laws anyways. Like I said evaulation copy and rearm :)

Watch where you tread with that... While my views on torrenting aren't as near sighted as some, I firmly believe in the scripter motto behind cracked product, "if you like the software after downloading it, buy it to support the devs."

Watch where you tread with that... While my views on torrenting aren't as near sighted as some, I firmly believe in the scripter motto behind cracked product, "if you like the software after downloading it, buy it to support the devs."

I dont torrent. I used to just get movies but after a few letters from ISP I stopped. The only ones who care about that crap are the motion picture association for example. Movie stars could care less, I know this true cause I happen to know one in rl. Cant tell you who though ;)
Trust me I dont beleive in piracy either cause most pirated proggys are pwned and have malware.

I just use freeware and the only things I pay for are games and hardware.

The whole buy it to support the devs is bs, they are driving ferraris anyways. Perfect example of why that theory is flawed is unreal 4. SDK is free anyone can make something with it and realease it as freeware and the income can come from donations or add ons. Plenty of companys do this.

Or should be pay 59 bucks to activision for the most n00b game ever and support them? Catch my drift?

I hope you do not honestly believe that many developers drive ferraris.

The whole buy it to support the devs is bs, they are driving ferraris anyways.
Excuse me while this developer who drives a Terrain and whose wife drives a Camry LOL's for a while.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In any event, I hope you don't plan to become a developer. If the world were full of people who don't believe in paying for anything but games and hardware, you'll end up riding your bicycle to work.

Back