• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to get Windows cheap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude, that is exactly what I do. :)
I should have specified "out of necessity." :) There are plenty of folks who willingly ride their bike to work. Given the choice though, I'd prefer to drive the Ferrari that we developers get as a sign-on bonus. :)

Where's my Ferrari?

Unreal Engine 4 SDK also is $19/mo since it was brought up along with Epic taking 5% of your game profits when sold(you succeed they succeed). If you want more info and a learning experience you can talk to Stacey Conley over at Epic Games, of which I could perhaps get you in contact. For her sanity though, I recommend doing research.

I hope you do not honestly believe that many developers drive ferraris.
My bad I mean the publishers in suits like E4 and act :D Devs get paid by them

Excuse me while this developer who drives a Terrain and whose wife drives a Camry LOL's for a while.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In any event, I hope you don't plan to become a developer. If the world were full of people who don't believe in paying for anything but games and hardware, you'll end up riding your bicycle to work.

Read above

Where's my Ferrari?

Unreal Engine 4 SDK also is $19/mo since it was brought up along with Epic taking 5% of your game profits when sold(you succeed they succeed). If you want more info and a learning experience you can talk to Stacey Conley over at Epic Games, of which I could perhaps get you in contact. For her sanity though, I recommend doing research.

Since when is it 19? I thought Unreal 4 SDK was free? In any case its still a good tactic.

You can do UE3 for free with no prob. And yes, very good tactic.

You can do UE3 for free with no prob. And yes, very good tactic.

UE3? Come on, thats old now.

I just remember when they anounced UE4 therre were links to dl it for free totally legit, Epic even made a statement saying so.

I guess they changed their mind after seeing nothing else can match it, heh

So, it allowed me to register on Dreamspark. They offer there Visual studio of different versions, but I do not see Windows 7 or 8. There are "Windows embeded 7, 8". What is that?

Last edited:
Keep in mind just because you are able to get into Dreamspark, does NOT mean operating systems are available through it for your institution. Talk to IT on campus about Windows and they MAY be able to direct you to where you can get it free or for reduced cost.

Back