• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to store a water cooled PC that wont be used for a few months

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

occamsblade

Registered
I just got word that I was accepted to residency. Given the whole epidemic thing I might be leaving early to help take care of patients if too many staff members get sick. If I do it will probably be on short notice. I wanted to pack up the items that were not necessary for daily life anticipating the move (the facility I will be working at is 2 states away). Given that I will be moving it at the end of this storage period, I suspect some form of dry storage is my best option. How do I go about doing this in a way that will make sure that I don't get stuff growing inside my radiators. I can hand dry the tubes and the blocks should dry pretty easily. Just not sure what to do with the rads.

Swimming pool anti-algae or even bleach, a few drops inside your loop (run it for a little bit to blend) should stop anything from growing and it won't damage any parts...

Congrats on residency, what field/where at? I just re-matched into psych from family but am staying in Colorado.

If you're draining your loop, storing your radiators so that the drain/fill ports are at the lowest spot and open will allow them to dry and will keep the gunk out. Once you get settled then I would clean everything out and run some sort of loop prep to get you started again.

Congrats on residency, what field/where at? I just re-matched into psych from family but am staying in Colorado.

If you're draining your loop, storing your radiators so that the drain/fill ports are at the lowest spot and open will allow them to dry and will keep the gunk out. Once you get settled then I would clean everything out and run some sort of loop prep to get you started again.

Thanks. I matched as a surgery prelim in Colorado. Congrats on switching. I have been working in family in Missouri for a year. It's fun, but I will be glad to go back home.

There's no reason why you'd need to drain the computer so long as you have an antimicrobial agent in there.

Congrats on starting the residency. I'm going to grad school in August for one of those single-year special master's programs to take a shot at medical school. I'm scared ****less because I am quitting my job and going to be living on savings, but the S.O. is behind me and sometimes you gotta take big swings.

Thanks. I matched as a surgery prelim in Colorado. Congrats on switching. I have been working in family in Missouri for a year. It's fun, but I will be glad to go back home.

Where in Colorado? I work with a few of the CU surgical residents when they do their "spa" month down here at UC Memorial in Colorado Springs. They get a lot more hands on there, I mean I even ran the Da Vinci as a 3rd year medical student there...

Congrats on starting the residency. I'm going to grad school in August for one of those single-year special master's programs to take a shot at medical school. I'm scared ****less because I am quitting my job and going to be living on savings, but the S.O. is behind me and sometimes you gotta take big swings.

It's a scary process indeed, but it's worthwhile (as long as it's what you really want). When my old company lost some government contracts and had to lay off 1/2 of the staff (myself included) I decided to make the leap from engineering to going to med school. It's not easy, but I enjoy what I do.

Where in Colorado? I work with a few of the CU surgical residents when they do their "spa" month down here at UC Memorial in Colorado Springs. They get a lot more hands on there, I mean I even ran the Da Vinci as a 3rd year medical student there...

I matched into CU. It's where I did my med school and my significant other and step kids are living in the area. I was in Colorado Springs for my pediatric rotation. Its gorgeous there. Who knows, maybe we will run into each other. I only matched for prelim. Not sure what is going to happen past that.

Back