• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big problem, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

termin@tor

OK, so I was enabling and disabling services from services.msc, and I must have disabled some networking service. I try to print something from the other computer on my LAN (there's only two) and I notice I can't get in the other computer. I can get from my main computer into the second one but not vice versa.
Anyway, I started messing with my network, running the wizard, bla bla bla, and then I thought about the services, enable them, and I could get the network running... but no internet. I check the ip, it's messed up, like 169.something else... not the IP the DHCP was supposed to assign. I type ipconfig /release, nothing happens, then I type ipconfig /renew, and it gives me an error message. Both computers are set up right, and the dhcp is enabled on both and the router.
I tried messing with my router as well, restarting it, yada yada, nothing works now, not even the network. If I set a static ip, I can access the network but no internet. It gives the correct ip's when checking the ip, but no ****ing internet!

Any suggestions?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did restore those services to default. I think that's exactly when the problem with the IP started.

Actually, I fixed it, I just restored the system a few days back and it works better than ever! :)
I knew that system restore feature would come in useful some day :D

Back