• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

I downloaded the newest BIOS version from ASUS yesterday and was wondering if flashing it through ASUS' EZ flash utility in Windows is a good idea. Any input?

Put it on a flash drive and use the utility built into the bios....NOT in windows

I believe so and if you're in IDE mode I think you can put it on the root of a HD and flash from there as well through the bios utility.

I'll have to grab some blank CDs tomorrow and give it a try. Any recommendations for a flash drive? I don't need anything big, just using it for stuff like this

I downloaded the newest BIOS version from ASUS yesterday and was wondering if flashing it through ASUS' EZ flash utility in Windows is a good idea. Any input?

I do it thru window with asus ez flash utility it took like 2min, because I don´t have a good conexion to download, later it flashes ok and the computer needs to reboot, then when it done I check into the BIOS to see the version and everything ok, just make sure to have UPS or backup or energy either of both cases

I flash in Windows all the time but I download the BIOs file and store it on my HDD, I don't let the program try to flash from the Internet.

Make sure you're not OC'ed when you flash ...

Back