• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flashing Guide for the 6800 Video cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cschaef13 said:
could I flash from a 6800 NU to a 6800GT?

Same thing.Just use nibitor and mod voltage to 1.4 tops if your card runs cool enough and and up the clocks to the speeds you can run every day.Like i have mine at 371/777 in the bios so i dont have to OC it.What size ram do u have 128 or 256mb?

So basically all i should do is overclock my card and then turn my card into a 16/6 pipelines and vertex shaders?

sounds cool but i may not try this until i dont know, later this is brand new so i will keep it for a few months before I try this I dont want to risk my brand new 459$ vid card

sounds cool but i may not try this until i dont know, later this is brand new so i will keep it for a few months before I try this I dont want to risk my brand new 459$ vid card, but thanks alot for the help...btw have you done this yourself?

Yes but you wanted flash it with the ultra bios which would have done more harm than good.The RT softmod is totally reversable.Just uninstall NVstrap from RT and you are back to stock.I Did the softmod the frist week i had the card .I would have done it the frist day if i had known about RT.But it shouldnt hurt your card but cant say wont your card could be the one in a million..lol.But that card is plenty fast stock so it really aint that big a deal.

well all i really am gonna do now is just unlock the things, and the overclocking will be simple seeing as the videocard I got has 2 fatass fans on it and 4 heatsinks. Can you unlock 16/6 with RT? What does a softmod do?

Last edited:
like I said a few posts back I decided not to do it and I am just gonna overclock it and then flash the card so I get 16/6 pipe and vertex shaders..hope it works!

Jeez guys try reading the help files in rivatuner!! Its got some very detailed information in there!

if you want to try GT bios and you have Hynix BGA rams then you may want to try ASUS's 128mb GT bios out. Its a GT @ 350/700 default.

I used it just because its more stable than the stock Evga bios was and ive modded it to 1.6v which i think puts me at 1.5v. Im watercooled tho!

Yeah a run a few loops of 3Dmark03 and 05.I use aquamark03 But if you gonna get artifacts it will be with 3Dmark05.I get slight artifacts in 3Dmark05 my self.Also if you are OCing with the softmod mostl ikely you aint gonna be able to because your pipe's are more than likely not 100% even if u get no artifacts.So u will have to go into power user and enable the disable internal clock Test in nvidia Overclocking tab.

Last edited:
hi all im new to this forum
i have a question i purchased a bfg 6800oc
all pipes and extra shader opened up for me with riva tuner
i decided to remove the heatsink and apply some arctic silver 3
upon removal i notice the gpu shim says 6800 U and i have hynix 2.2ns mem
would this be a good canadate to flash to a ultra or gt version? <-- after some reading guess not
maybe a bios mod to keep the pipes on and a voltage bump?
and why does my shim say 6800 U?
tia

Last edited:
NO dont flash a 6800nu 128 mb card with a bios from the GT or Ultra.The ram timmings alone will not help your cards any.If you want more speed and volts just get nibtor and raise you ram and core speed to the OC you want and the volts.I would go no higher 1.4 on the volts.Also the GT and ultra bios will noit open your pipes.Thats what the patch in RT is forAlso the ultra comes with 1.6ns DDR3 and the GT i think has 1.8 or 2.0ns DDR3.You have DDR1

hi thx for the fast reply :)
i edited my post a lil bit above its already a 6800oc card
i bumped core from 350 to 375 and mem to 750 it seems
to do 800 as well but i left some headroom
as stated in edit im curious about the 6800 U on gpu shim
and 2.2ns bga mem also looks like bfg restickered the product
code sticker wondering whats the deal there
thanks again

Last edited:
Well the 6800nu core is a 6800u core that failed the tests for either the GT or ultra so thats whats with that but the ram i dont know i know my evga 6800nu came with 2.8ns DDR1.Its possible that BFG uses faster ram.Because the BFg6800nu is faster than the evga 6800 even when clocked the same .

Back