• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flashing Guide for the 6800 Video cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
harryinny3 said:
Ok, I did everything in the guide to Hard mod the Pipes. Didnt work. saved my bios and Tried the adding the script, and it wouldnt add. Why i dont know.

Anyhow, Is there another utility that will tell if the Pipes are open? I see 3dmark03 doesnt give that info. Ive seen a good Performance gain in games. Theres No artifacts at all. And the mild overclock is great.

How far can a 6800NU go on memory? Just curiouse. I use to be a diehard nvidia User, But went to ATI during the whole FX Deal. Now im back to Nvidia and Love it. But as i say, my money goes where the Better Bargain is. And ATI doesnt have ANY bargains for same performance at this time.

Harry
Hey try the patch script in the new year edition of RT that should work? or i could send you a copy of my patched bios.I have the same card as you.Also you might wanna get an NV5 because i did and it improvemd my temps big time went from idle 60c to 39-41c idle and never goes over 54c now.

Very cool, I did use the RT NY edition. The only real thing the scripts differed in was the NV40 Script that masked the pipes i think. I Took that all out and used The script ans pasted it and no go said wrong version, ect ect ect.

They wouoldnt merge.

ANyways, YAh that would be cool. Send the .rom to [email protected]. Thats my Clan Email.

Thanks so much

Harry

did not work at all...

I tryed every thing that was said and all I got was "bad command or file name"
would not even do a thing .is there an easyer way than this to flash the bios of the 6800GT? heck ATI was a cake walk compaired to this at least I could do it the nvflash program did not work at all and I tryed the one that was sugjested and the newer one as well.. all I can say is that sucked..

There is another program other than the nvflash... try using the other. Look at the first page. I'll help you when I have time... I've just been really busy with work/girl/gym... etc...

I think that it's called VGAbios or something... just find out... there is another vga bios flashing program other than nvflash. Are you using the shortcuts too? (i.e. -p -u)

Last edited:
CandymanCan said:
hmm ok i'll call them up and see what they say about the noises and RMA. Do i need to erase the HDD before i RMA it

Hey, man... what ever happened about your hard drive? I know this was long ago, but I was just curiuos...

g0dM@n said:
There is another program other than the nvflash... try using the other. Look at the first page. I'll help you when I have time... I've just been really busy with work/girl/gym... etc...

I think that it's called VGAbios or something... just find out... there is another vga bios flashing program other than nvflash. Are you using the shortcuts too? (i.e. -p -u)
I realy don't think that this card can go any higher it seems to but then when I go to benchmark it I get a way lower score than if I leave it stock. at any rate I used all the short cuts and tryed every thing that was listed to no avail what is it? a bad card / not O/Cable? wierd since it is a PNY 6800GT one would think that it is O/Cable but like I said it don't like to go up..

Talk to Sentential... he has a PNY. His old PNY was pwnage. His current PNY is a bad OCer... both were 6800GT.

I had a BFG 6800GT that wouldn't do more than 393/1.14. Other people did 420/1.2 EASILY!!! I tried 1.4volts on my BFG and could push 425mhz, but the funny thing was that when I looped the hard 3dmark03s (such as Troll's Lair and Mother Nature) the video card would completely shut down after 3-5 loops. I'd lose video and the fan would even turn off on the card.

Be careful, man. You don't want to kill your card. Research more if it's acting up; if not, ask for more advice or talk to Sentential (ocforum member).

Actually I'll let him know about this thread.

trickson said:
I realy don't think that this card can go any higher it seems to but then when I go to benchmark it I get a way lower score than if I leave it stock. at any rate I used all the short cuts and tryed every thing that was listed to no avail what is it? a bad card / not O/Cable? wierd since it is a PNY 6800GT one would think that it is O/Cable but like I said it don't like to go up..
What's going on is you are pushing your card too hard <most likely on RAM>. Since PNY uses crappy fets you powerstarve your board cauing that stuttering effect.

Could also be a motherboard issue since my AV8 no longer does that when my K8N Neo2 did.

Sentential said:
What's going on is you are pushing your card too hard <most likely on RAM>. Since PNY uses crappy fets you powerstarve your board cauing that stuttering effect.

Could also be a motherboard issue since my AV8 no longer does that when my K8N Neo2 did.
no I dought it is the mobo DFI is too good .. yeah I figured that there has to be a video card problem that wont let it O/C oh well too bad for me I guess ...

Sentential said:

that is what I have feard . so what do you sugjest I do? should I get the 6800U O/Ced? what manufacturer should I go with? need your help PLEASE.. Thank you Sentential...

In all honesty, man... I don't think it's worth upgrading your AGP card. You're better off waiting and eventually getting PCI-X.

Unless, of course you're returning that one. I would recommend the eVGA 6800 Ultra if you get any. Why, you may ask? Well, it's stock 425mhz core, as opposed to the regular 400mhz core the Ultras have. The only other company that does that to all their Ultras is BFG, but BFG advertises their card as "OC" (OverClocked). For that reason, people pay more and bid more on ebay for BFG. On the other hand, eVGA is not really advertised "overclocked" and therefore end up being a bit cheaper.

Also, in my opinion eVGA has a better stock heatsink. Their RAM is also tight. Look at my sig... I have mine doing 446/1225 DAILY and not a stutter. I've been able to hit 1300 on the ram, but I need better cooling. If I were to give this baby 1.5volts (a BIOS flash) I could hit 465ish on air.

Hey, I followed the directions from first post and couldn't patch my albatron 6800nu bios (works fine at 16/6). I used the RT NY edition and when I tried doing it, the patch script gave me this: SCRIPT ERROR: Wrong plugins declaration!
,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Well, I reinstalled riva and will try the patch script that comes with it first (as long as that should work, guessing the new riva comes with it automatically?)

Back