• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flashing Guide for the 6800 Video cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah but it has the old one and the new patch and im not sure which is which..lol but give it a shot and see.If not i can seend you my patched bios it has worked for quite a few people.

Glad i could help enjoy Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After you find your sweet spot for your OC you can get Nibtor and set the speeds in the bios.It's so much easier.

Sweet im gonna get a swiftech setup here soon.Im building a PC for someone right now as soon as i finish im ordering it.Corsair has a nice swiftech setup at zipfly for $189 and its just what i wanted.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=375007
Its exactly what what i was gonna order piece by piece but this is $50 cheaper..LOL ( im gonna paint the green piece black)
What is your setup.AMD 3200+ 90nm core right? Im gonna switch over
myself this summer.But for now my P4 is fine.

Nah, I wish I had a64, maybe over summer I will switch. I am still sitting on my axp mobile and nf7-s. Poor college student hehe. I have had this wc stuff for awhile just haven't had time to install it. The corsair kit looks damn good, price looks good too. I am sure u will enjoy it :D

Yeah it looks good and its my frist shot at Watercooling .Its between that or thermaltake's Bigwater but i think the Corsair kit is much better for only $30 more.But i have read many reviews on the Bigwater and it holds its own.
.I bought a 2500+ that was unlocked last year but i had no mobo.So i was trying to sell my P4 and mobo so i could use the 2500+ barton but no one wanted it.I cant believe no one wanted a 2.8 P4 that will do 3.9 on air and my motherboard.So i sold the 2500+.So now im kicking myself. But any way. your system sounds nice to me.I like AMD better now but im stuck with a P4 setup.God i wish i was back to work ive been out of work for months from a broken foot.

V9999 GE flashing?

Ok, i've read this whole thread and tried different things,

i've got an ASUS V9999 GE 256MB GDDR3

bios file= 5.40.02.15.00

ID 10DE:1043:8178 P201 SKU0012

It has 12 pipelines and 5 vertex ( i think ) hardware masked the other 2

Default core runs @ 350

Default mem runs @ 1000

Ok now the following, i've got the card running rock stable @ 412 /1100
wich is the default for the Ultra i believe.

I've got an bios fram the asus V9999 Ultra

version: 5.40.02.15.00 <-- witch is the same as my current version.

now comes the only 2 differences

ID: 10DE:0040:1043:817B P201 SKU0012

I used nvflash 5.13 with the codes -5 -6 -2

and i get an error witch i can't find back,
maby some one here can help me

the error i get = mismatch in 256byte page mode programming

So it just can't program the bios i suppose but if some one can help me with this??

thank u

Last edited:
hardwareman said:

bios file= 5.40.02.15.00

ID 10DE:1043:817B P201 SKU0012

Default core runs @ 350

Default mem runs @ 1000

now comes the only difference

So it just can't program the bios i suppose but if some one can help me with this??

thank u

hardwareman said:

bios file= 5.40.02.15.00

ID 10DE:1043:817B P201 SKU0012

Default core runs @ 350

Default mem runs @ 1000

now comes the only difference

thank u
try nvflasah 4.42 and -p -u -f

ok, ik tried nvflash 4.42 -p -u -f but it still won't flash, i get the same message as from nvflash 5.13

edit there were 2 differences in the ID, i've changed it in my first post.

I also dit nvflash -d that should give me the first 256 bytes, and there i find the card's id witch is correct @ the moment an V9999 GE 256MB

i think that is my problem, because the ultra has something else there !!

oh yes, i still have one question:

The last pipeline and vertex shader is Hardware masked, what does that exactly mean??

can i unmask those by flashing the ultra's bios?? because if i do unmask them by software modding, my windows screen get's messed up, should that be resolved if i get the ultra bios in my card??

Try this to flash and make it look just like this.

nvflash-p -u -f 6800.rom
and it should work.I had to give my rom a short name for it to flash.Just make sure u put a space in between each nvflash-p_-u_-f_6800.rom
now dont really put (_)that in there just have it blank

Hardware masked is just that they have some kind of resistor on the card that block the pipe but the patch by passes it some how.

Last edited:
that is what i tried, rivatuner it says that my pipe is HW masked, i also unmasked those in riva tuner but my screen get's messed up, this means that that pipe is bad??

when so, then i won;t flash my card, and just let it running @ higher clock speeds

Yeah if it messed up your screen you have a bad pipe or vertex.You can try to close and open one.Both could be be bad or one could be bad.If thats the case and its just one find the one that is bad and run it with the good one open.But no i wouldn't flash it.

gigabit said:
Yeah if it messed up your screen you have a bad pipe or vertex.You can try to close and open one.Both could be be bad or one could be bad.If thats the case and its just one find the one that is bad and run it with the good one open.But no i wouldn't flash it.

thanks for your time and effort gigabit, i will not flash my card !!

edit:

Ok i tried to run rivatuner again, and even if i enable hardware masked pipe it still says that is is masked maby that's why there is a problem, but the vertex i can open 1 up, and it also still says that it is hardware masked, but no artefacts
i meant that with messed up, so if i open 1 pipeline up, i see artefacts !! but i can still see my desktop !! and reset the card via rivatuner, maby it is now more clear on what i mean.

Last edited:
I know what you mean....lol But you only have one good vertex and you extra pipes are bad which is a shame but still you have a very good card.Just running the vertex will boast performance some.One thing i dont like about ASUS 6800 is that for what you paid you could have bought a brand new evga 6800ultra.But hey like i said you still have a good card.

Last edited:
I wish I had a NU to help you out.

You know, this reminds me of the days we had HotWheels as our toys. Nice and INexpensive. Now, if only our toys here at the forums were that cheap I'd be buying them left and right to play with and test out. :clap:

Back