• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios keeps coming back with F1, over and over.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I have been having some trials and tribulation. For awhile I couldn't get the system to even get into BIOS. I didn't have the correct amount of thermal paste between the CPU and the HS. Now that is fixed, BIOS won't let go. I restart and it starts to boot but always has the "you have a new cpu, hit F1 and set up your BIOS. First it is not a new CPU, and I've set the BIOS the way it had always been. What's happening?

Do you have a CPU fan connected to the CPU fan header? Does the BIOS think there is no CPU fan connected? Are you getting any errors/beep codes?

A lot of times, if there's a boot error during POST (power on self-test), the computer will not boot until the issue is resolved (or the alarm is set to ignore in the BIOS).

Thank you for reply. I turned off "F1". So now the computer goes to the Start screen in Windows

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Cleared CMOS Twice, installed new battery. Disabled the "F1" message. Computer is up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

Broken pins on different CPU. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I have a huge Fan plugged into the CPU Fan. Now that this is fixed, I will add the second fan to the NH-D15 HS assy.
Thanks

Back