• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS update and PCIE x16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks alot,
because we have been baycotte (iran) i cann't buy it from ebuy and other store.
i'm skilled in electronics and programming,are there any programmer for bios to build??
i cann't find bios chip location mobo, where is it??

thanks alot,
because we have been baycotte (iran) i cann't buy it from ebuy and other store.
i'm skilled in electronics and programming,are there any programmer for bios to build??
i cann't find bios chip location mobo, where is it??

There are, but they're usually quite expensive, and you'd have to rig something to connect the lines to the contacts on the BIOS chip. If you can find somebody else with a board that uses the same chip (even if it's a different BIOS), you could try flashing it in their board. The BIOS is only read when the computer is turned on, so after it boots, you can remove the chip, put in a new one (or one that's got a bad flash), and flash it with whatever BIOS you need, then replace the old one.

i must be say my mobo has spi port for bios programing and now i want to know how can i use this port to program the bios?

and also i cann't find bios chip location.

Pic and links to DIY programmers...

You do not have the old style bios chip on that DK 790GX-M2RS motherboard. It uses a
soldered on SPI type bios chip. Attached image should show details of where bios is located and where to attach programmer. A couple of DIY flasher links are given. There are many now on the internet.

openbiosprog-spi is a fully Open Hardware and Free Software USB-based programmer for SPI chips, e.g. those used as BIOS chip in recent mainboards.

DIY Flash EEPROM BIOS Programmer
My design is based on RayeR's with slight improvements

Attachments

• 790GX-M2RS.jpg
    790GX-M2RS.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
it worked fine,and now no problem exist!
thanks alot!!!
:clap::bday:

Good glad you have it fixed.

When you download a bios from DFI website and flash it, the flashing commands are 8 or 9 and flash the entire bios. When you flashed 'back' the full command set was not used. I changed the command set /x/x/x so that the bios could flash without regard to checking old bios against new.

Back