• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR A870U3 No Video or Beeps Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scornduffer

Trying to repair a bad motherboard with this MB & DDR 3 memory.

I have tried two sticks of memory, the hard drive is spinning, cpu fan is running, video card says no signal.
I have also changed out the video card. :attn::attn:

Please advise?

BIOSTAR A870U3 AMD
Athlon Dual Core 3200
Corsair DDR 3 Memory
Corsair 430 Watts PS
Gigabyte 5700 Video Card
500 Gig WD HD

I presume you tried resetting the CMOS and booting with just one stick of DRAM. If so, your next attempt would be to unhook the HDDs and try booting with an old school PCI video card. Did this happen as you were putting the build together? How did you end up with this problem?

Thanks

I presume you tried resetting the CMOS and booting with just one stick of DRAM. If so, your next attempt would be to unhook the HDDs and try booting with an old school PCI video card. Did this happen as you were putting the build together? How did you end up with this problem?

It was when I was putting the build together. I will try this tonight. What burns me is I ordered the motherboard back on Sept 1st and would have to return it to Biostar.

What gets me that the power button turns the computer on but will not turn it off.

Last edited:
Back