• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TForce 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you need onboard video why don't you take a look at some boards with the AMD690G chipset. They have ATi 1250 GPU onboard I believe. Some also have HDMI.

If you need onboard video why don't you take a look at some boards with the AMD690G chipset. They have ATi 1250 GPU onboard I believe. Some also have HDMI.

thx but i don't need hdmi and i need raid5. gonna use for my file-server.

The 560 A2+ is not a true AM2+ board in that it doesn't have split power planes, and it doesn't support HT3.0. It is however a great board for overclocking.

The 560 A2+ is not a true AM2+ board in that it doesn't have split power planes, and it doesn't support HT3.0. It is however a great board for overclocking.

then how the heck do they call it AM2+? what the...

what other boards could i be looking at in the <$100 (preferably $60-80) range? i don't know much about AM2. thx. :)

I believe they called it AM2+ because it supports AM2+ CPUs (shady I know) as should all AM2 board with a bios update. The 520 is a fine choice, as is the 7025/7050, the Gigabyte 690 S3H is also supposed to be pretty good.

I believe they called it AM2+ because it supports AM2+ CPUs (shady I know) as should all AM2 board with a bios update. The 520 is a fine choice, as is the 7025/7050, the Gigabyte 690 S3H is also supposed to be pretty good.

well i know am2+ is supported on am2 board, but it shouldn't be advertised as am2+ since it's not TRUE am2+.... that's BS that they can advertise like that... just like the HDTV manufacturers that advertise 1080i on a 720p panel... it's not TRUE.

*edit*
so what are the true diff between the 520, 550, 570, etc? i don't need SLI, but wondering. going to bed. thx. hopefully i can order something tomorrow.

Last edited:
The A2 in my option is good for someone planing on a Phenom soon or will drop in a Phenom, be happy with one video card until AM3 comes out. Overclocking will be limited by the lack of vreg control but the regs on it look pretty good for a solif board.

The A2 in my option is good for someone planing on a Phenom soon or will drop in a Phenom, be happy with one video card until AM3 comes out. Overclocking will be limited by the lack of vreg control but the regs on it look pretty good for a solif board.

i'm wondering the A2 or the TF7025 matx, but I wish it wasn't matx!! I don't need matx...

This board is really touchy with 4 x 1gb sticks... I had to do quite a bit of tweaking to get it stable. Is anyone else running 4 x 1 on this board?

Hey guys, few things:

#1 - What is the stock vcore for Brisbane - is it 1.30v, or 1.35v??

#2 - I'm on the Biostar TForce 570 SLI, and I can't seem to get the CPU temp down right. I COMPLETELY HATE the overclocking/monitoring progs on the Biostar CD. Right now I'm using Clockgen for overclocking through windows (as the stock Biostar one started crashing the system b/c it keeps remembering latest settings, so when I change something in BIOS it doesn't agree). What should I use for CPU temp and other temp monitoring? I'm using SpeedFan and it has a billion things listed... such as:
Temp1: 127C
Temp2: 21C
Temp3: 12C
Temp: 39C
HD0: 23C
Temp1: 40C
Core: 4C
Core: 31C
Ambient: 0C

#3 - How high can HTT go? I'm at like 1150mhz now, and wondering if I should lower the HTT multi, or should I just raise HTT voltage?

#4 - I've got a set of OCZ 2GB Rev2 800mhz 4-4-4-15, and wondering what I should set ram voltage and chipset voltage to. I wanna go for 3ghz on CPU (which won't be much vcore cuz I can prime 6hrs p95 at 2.95ghz stock vcore), and approx. 450mhz 4-4-4 on the ram. I'm running the max (10.5x) divider on a 4000+ X2 Brisbane, but maybe I should go for 300x10 instead of 286x10.5

THANKS FOR ANYTHING. Of course I could figure this all out on my own, but I figured most of you have already done this and could save me valuable time. This machine is for my gf and so far it rocks. :)

Hey guys, few things:

#2 - I'm on the Biostar TForce 570 SLI, and I can't seem to get the CPU temp down right. I COMPLETELY HATE the overclocking/monitoring progs on the Biostar CD. Right now I'm using Clockgen for overclocking through windows (as the stock Biostar one started crashing the system b/c it keeps remembering latest settings, so when I change something in BIOS it doesn't agree). What should I use for CPU temp and other temp monitoring? I'm using SpeedFan and it has a billion things listed... such as:

#3 - How high can HTT go? I'm at like 1150mhz now, and wondering if I should lower the HTT multi, or should I just raise HTT voltage?

#4 - I've got a set of OCZ 2GB Rev2 800mhz 4-4-4-15, and wondering what I should set ram voltage and chipset voltage to. I wanna go for 3ghz on CPU (which won't be much vcore cuz I can prime 6hrs p95 at 2.95ghz stock vcore), and approx. 450mhz 4-4-4 on the ram. I'm running the max (10.5x) divider on a 4000+ X2 Brisbane, but maybe I should go for 300x10 instead of 286x10.5

THANKS FOR ANYTHING. Of course I could figure this all out on my own, but I figured most of you have already done this and could save me valuable time. This machine is for my gf and so far it rocks. :)

2. Because CoreTemp doesn't work with these chips, you pretty much have to go by the number that seems most accurate to you, in this case I would keep an eye on the ones that say 39/40C.

3. Overclocking the HTT doesn't really give you a performance increase, so you probably want to keep it under 1000 at least until you get your CPU/Ram maxed out.

4. You shouldn't need to increase your chipset voltage, and only increase your vdimm as far as you need to get as high of an oc as possible out of it. If you have D9 based sticks, I would keep the voltage around 2.1/2.2V to extend their lifespan. I would avoid lowering the CPU multiplier, these Brisbanes in my experience behave quite erratically when you try to lower the multiplier from giving slower performance, to much worse overclocking, to not even booting.

Afaik the on-die temperature sensors are broken on the Brisbanes, no Core temperature reading will ever work with these chips. The only choice is to use the motherboard's sensor chip to read the temps.

The Biostar Utility, Speedfan, NextSensor, and a host of other temperature monitoring utilities. The hard part is figuring out which temperature represents your CPU temp.

The Biostar Utility, Speedfan, NextSensor, and a host of other temperature monitoring utilities. The hard part is figuring out which temperature represents your CPU temp.

I guess I'll have to go with the sensor I listed in my post a few posts up that says this in speedfan
(in white bold):

Now here's my question... does each one represent a CORE? Does AMD have separate temps for each CORE like INTEL does, or just one temp for CPU??

I guess I'll have to go with the sensor I listed in my post a few posts up that says this in speedfan
(in white bold):

Now here's my question... does each one represent a CORE? Does AMD have separate temps for each CORE like INTEL does, or just one temp for CPU??

Yea, there is one for each core.

For temps I loaded up the Biostar utility and compared those temps to speedfan to figure out which is which. The Biostar utility was the ONLY temp monitor that showed the temps properly. I ended up using offsets to the temps in speedfan to get them right.

Hey guys, few things:

THANKS FOR ANYTHING. Of course I could figure this all out on my own, but I figured most of you have already done this and could save me valuable time. This machine is for my gf and so far it rocks.

1) I think 1.25

2) I only OC'ed through the BIOS. It took a bit more time, but it turned out to be the only good way to OC this board.

3) funnyperson1 answered

4) " "

Yea, there is one for each core.

For temps I loaded up the Biostar utility and compared those temps to speedfan to figure out which is which. The Biostar utility was the ONLY temp monitor that showed the temps properly. I ended up using offsets to the temps in speedfan to get them right.

I hate the Biostar utility. I used it when I was on a 667 ram divider, then when I lowered my FSB in bios and booted with a safe 800 ram divider, everything was fine... as soon as I load the Biostar utility the system FREEZES... EVERY SINGLE TIME, no matter how much i ease up the settings. I guess the utility remembers the last thing you did and I do NOT like that...

1) I think 1.25

2) I only OC'ed through the BIOS. It took a bit more time, but it turned out to be the only good way to OC this board.

3) funnyperson1 answered

4) " "

1) You sure 1.25? I thought it was 1.30...
2) Clockgen is working out awesomely... I like clockgen b/c I can OC remotely from work (yes, I'm bad like that lol)... and also I don't have to keep rebooting. I get a lot more done in less time. I go to BIOS to change voltages and multipliers, but clockgen helps a lot. I used it on my old DFI NF4 and kicked butt with it
4) " "??? Does that mean what funnyperson said? I don't have D9s. They are OCZ Plat Rev2 800mhz 4-4-4-15 sticks. I think they are PROMOS, but who knows... I don't know anything but that Crucial ballistix are all D9GMH (my rig I use the 8000 tracers)... this rig is, remember, for my gf, so I wanted to keep it on a budget. I picked up the plats for like $30-35 AR. :)
I just wanna know what voltage I could run the plats at, and what is too much or too little for them. I'm not sure if they OC better with higher voltages or not, so that's why I ask. I'd set them to 2.1 or 2.2v if they will do better and if they won't burn up at that.

I can run approx. 430-440mhz 4-4-4-15 at 2.05v, but I can't seem to go much higher with 5-5-5... my goal is to do 500mhz 5-5-5, but I don't wanna waste centuries doing so. Right now I gave her the rig at these settings, 20h prime stable:
286fsb x 10.5 = 3004mhz, 1.35vcore
667 divider 429mhz 4-4-4-15, 2.05vdimm

I think 3ghz at 1.35vcore on a CoolerMaster HyperX is perfect for daily usage, but wouldn't mind increasing ram by going for 5-5-5...

I hate the Biostar utility. I used it when I was on a 667 ram divider, then when I lowered my FSB in bios and booted with a safe 800 ram divider, everything was fine... as soon as I load the Biostar utility the system FREEZES... EVERY SINGLE TIME, no matter how much i ease up the settings. I guess the utility remembers the last thing you did and I do NOT like that...

1) You sure 1.25? I thought it was 1.30...
2) Clockgen is working out awesomely... I like clockgen b/c I can OC remotely from work (yes, I'm bad like that lol)... and also I don't have to keep rebooting. I get a lot more done in less time. I go to BIOS to change voltages and multipliers, but clockgen helps a lot. I used it on my old DFI NF4 and kicked butt with it
4) " "??? Does that mean what funnyperson said? I don't have D9s. They are OCZ Plat Rev2 800mhz 4-4-4-15 sticks. I think they are PROMOS, but who knows... I don't know anything but that Crucial ballistix are all D9GMH (my rig I use the 8000 tracers)... this rig is, remember, for my gf, so I wanted to keep it on a budget. I picked up the plats for like $30-35 AR. :)
I just wanna know what voltage I could run the plats at, and what is too much or too little for them. I'm not sure if they OC better with higher voltages or not, so that's why I ask. I'd set them to 2.1 or 2.2v if they will do better and if they won't burn up at that.

I can run approx. 430-440mhz 4-4-4-15 at 2.05v, but I can't seem to go much higher with 5-5-5... my goal is to do 500mhz 5-5-5, but I don't wanna waste centuries doing so. Right now I gave her the rig at these settings, 20h prime stable:
286fsb x 10.5 = 3004mhz, 1.35vcore
667 divider 429mhz 4-4-4-15, 2.05vdimm

I think 3ghz at 1.35vcore on a CoolerMaster HyperX is perfect for daily usage, but wouldn't mind increasing ram by going for 5-5-5...

Yea, it sucks for OCing, but I think there is an option in there for it not to load last settings. I ONLY use it for temp monitoring.

1) no, not completly sure ;)

2) clockgen doesn't work on my mobo :( otherwise I'd use it :)

4) yup. what does it show in the SPD?

Back