• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR TForce TF720 A2+ good board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chinky714

guys I have my phenom X4 and still don't have a motherboard. I don't want to spend too much on the motherboard but still want to be able to clock it. I saw this board on newegg for not much. How are the nforce chips when it comes to oc? never heard much about nvidia chipsets, always amd chipsets.

also googling through 50 first links shows nothing about the 720a, its like they don't exist at all on the internet.

Last edited:
damn this is really becoming lame. The 9950 seems to be way more trouble than what it's worth. Maybe I should just sell it back on ebay and make some profit out of it...

That might be a good idea. Get some cash for it and reinvest it in a 45nm PII X3 (95W).

yup, getting rid of the 9950, hopefully I can get a 720 for cheap. :) will let you guys know, if I end up getting the 720 I might get the MSI K9A2 CF-F From what i hear its an okay clocker, but the 2 PCIe slots is perfect, I can use one to put an 8800GT and the other one for my GTS 250.

is it possible though? to run the 2nd card in a Crossfire board using a dummy plug to fold with that second card?

That's what I don't know. I'll keep an eye out and ask around to see if anyone has tried it yet on SETI. If it works for one I'm sure it'll work for the other ...

thanks for looking out. Dang i was one step short, Frys had the MSI K9A2 CF-F and the Platinum version on clearance. When i got there they were all gone, now I have no motherboard, might not even be able to build my amd set up. :( The CF-F was 39.99 -20 rebate, and the Platinum was 59.99 - 25 rebate.. grrr

Back