• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TZ77XE4 problems with SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geezerman

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/291375-32-trouble-win7x64-install

I'm working with a Biostar TZ77XE4 motherboard and Win 7 64 bit. Samsung 830 SSD. Giving me fits with errors, then I read this post above where this dude is having the same problem with the same hardware. A suggested answer was " you have to copy the AHCI files to a USB device before installing operating system "

Well, I did copy the Intel AHCI files to USB, and I'm using the the correct 6gb Intel ports. The mobo manual does say to load AHCI drivers on a USB..
The Samsung SSD is fine. The bios default is IDE,but I switched it to AHCI before installing Win 7. The top two 6GB ports are Intel, the bottom two 6GB are Asmedia ASM1061. I did try Win 7 SP1 install via USB, and same problem. I tried different ram, different SSD, different power supply. same problem. It won't play nice with a SSD. I installed the Intel drivers during the win 7 install, and I get "Windows is unable to install to the selected location. Error: 0x80300001" , this is on a M4 SSD, completely formatted .

I switched to IDE in the bios, and Win 7 installed much slower, but it did install. I did the Win 7 registry hack to change to AHCI, then changed bios to AHCI, tried to load the Intel mgmt software..and BAM..bluescreen..

yeah, I forgot to mention I did the bios update by installing win 7 on a regular hard drive, then updated the bios.

Back