• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got my power bill for last month -- $250! That's my first full month of having my 4x290s, 1x7950, and 4x280x mining pretty much 24/7.

If I look at past power bills around this time I was hitting about $100 and that was likely with a single card folding

Just got my power bill for last month -- $250! That's my first full month of having my 4x290s, 1x7950, and 4x280x mining pretty much 24/7.

If I look at past power bills around this time I was hitting about $100 and that was likely with a single card folding

Yeah.... I've switched from running 24/7 to only off-peak times. I lose eight hours of mining, but it saves me around $00.10/kWh.

My last power bill was $37 :p

not fair at all man man is $370 last month but i got 4 kids so they keep the power bill high as well and this month will be lower i got 6 280x's tied up in rma so and another 2 280x's running slow cuz they got problems

600 sq ft apt.
live alone.
most of the time im not home.
i dont leave stuff on all the time.
pretty much the only thing "ON" 24/7 is my refrigerator, my HTPC, a wireless router and a 15w CFL bulb in the bathroom lol
my kWh usage last month was 222 kWh lol

the only thing mining in my apt is my HTPC. with a single XFX 270x in it.
runs 470-480kh/s at xI 4
but i run it at xI 3 24/7 because that way i can still use the HTPC, still mines at 365kh/s at the reduced intensity, and playback remains smooth for watching videos and netflix.

my other 2 systems, the remainder of my hashing power (~1.7MH, 1x 7950, 1x 5970, 1x 7870) are in a remote location that i do not pay electric on.

Not fair! :p

But remote location.... Are you the only one who knows that location?
Like, what if someone breaks in and takers your rigs?

i'll just say it's not an issue.

its not in some random garage somewhere. i check on them every few days. and i check the hashrate reported by a few times a day. if i see that it looks like one of them went down, then i look into it.

but its been going for over 30 days without me having to reboot anything, so its pretty solid.

Back