• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bizzare Black & White 2 Problem....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
ok, so i install Black and White 2 - its a fantstic game and worth every penny, the creatures are as before fantastic (i chose the ape :) ) and the graphics are great...however, a few little annoying bugs made me download the 1.1 patch - not a problem youd have thought...
in short the patcher wont recognise I have the game installed - it says it cant patch cos B&W2 isnt installed...even tho it clearly is!! I thought maybe installing it to a custom dircetory had stuffed it up, so i reinstalled to default directory...still wont patch :bang head
Whats going on? why wont it find my B&W2 installation and update it? Am i missing a registry entry or something? the game shows up in my add/remove programs list...so its definately installed??

Nobody have any ideas? this is driving me nuts!! Can anyone else with B&W2 tell me what/where their registry settings are for it? (except the registry entry with your cd key in - dont tell me that).

as iv said I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling...3 times now - i know the 1.1 will make my save invalid, thats not a problem!!
and no im not running from an image - im using the original genuine dvd :(

Have you checked the FAQ over at Lionhead? That might shed some light on the subject.

Unfortunately, everything that's been suggested I would've suggested myself.

Back