• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BLACK FRIDAY 2009 - mbigna's Official Annual Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they have 3 deals on DECT phones. i'll probably grab the panasonic. all i need now is a good P&S camera deal. considering the 980IS at sears.

So will there be anything but hard drives and memory cards? I laffed at last year's hauls.

The $3 sandwich maker at target is the deal of the year. Best investment ever, trust me.

last thread jack about my walmart experience. i promise! i'm just letting ya'll know what happened in case someone is in a similar situation.

the store manager never called me back so i got in touch with her on wednesday. she offered me the floor model for 10% off. meh. i called corporate again and asked if there was something more they could do. i wasn't interested in a used tv. these things are on 24hrs a day in the store btw. they escalated my call to L2 support. i was to be called back in a few days. the next day i got a call back from a local walmart marketing rep. she had found a TV in port angeles and was going to drive to get it for me. she wanted a comittment that i would purchase it though since it's at least a 2hr drive plus a ferry ride! i said sure. she called back a few minutes later saying, "y'know, that's really far to drive. how about we just give you something comparable for the same price?" sold. so after a little haggling with the mgr last night, they set me up with THIS philips 47 120hz for the same price. a 2 year extension to the warranty was only $60 extra so i went with it for sure.

so that was a lot of hassle but i'm glad they made it right in the end. they easily could have just said "**** off" (hmmmm, didn't realize that was profane. "urinate?"). corporate CS was more than willing to help. the store managers are powerless though and just say "sorry, there's nothing we can do."

There are a whole bunch of new BF ads released today. I'm still in the process of collecting and formatting links. Stay tuned, but feel free to surf the BF ad sites now.

Can't wait to see what Microcenter and Fry's will have. Both stores are over an hour away from my place but whatever they have on sale it usually worth a long drive. :beer:

In the past, they always hold theirs until Thanksgiving day.
And imo, their deals haven't been worth standing in the 4 hour line for.

I thought last years deals were pretty good (in my sig) Built it all for a little less that $500 I believe. We have a microcenter close by, think they may have some better deals there?

last thread jack about my walmart experience. i promise! i'm just letting ya'll know what happened in case someone is in a similar situation.

the store manager never called me back so i got in touch with her on wednesday. she offered me the floor model for 10% off. meh. i called corporate again and asked if there was something more they could do. i wasn't interested in a used tv. these things are on 24hrs a day in the store btw. they escalated my call to L2 support. i was to be called back in a few days. the next day i got a call back from a local walmart marketing rep. she had found a TV in port angeles and was going to drive to get it for me. she wanted a comittment that i would purchase it though since it's at least a 2hr drive plus a ferry ride! i said sure. she called back a few minutes later saying, "y'know, that's really far to drive. how about we just give you something comparable for the same price?" sold. so after a little haggling with the mgr last night, they set me up with THIS philips 47 120hz for the same price. a 2 year extension to the warranty was only $60 extra so i went with it for sure.

so that was a lot of hassle but i'm glad they made it right in the end. they easily could have just said "**** off" (hmmmm, didn't realize that was profane. "urinate?"). corporate CS was more than willing to help. the store managers are powerless though and just say "sorry, there's nothing we can do."

Wal-Mart (and Costco) recently won my electronics dollars over Best Buy. Say what you want about Wal-Mart, they have some of the best customer service in the business. Best Buy is the new Circuit City (horrible customer service because they are so big that they don't need customers anymore) and they will be out of business within 10 years if they don't change their ways.

Why buy from Best Buy and pay a restocking fee if you need to return something when Wal-Mart and Costco actually appreciate your business?

Let's spank BB this holiday season by speaking with the power of our purchasing dollars!

I thought last years deals were pretty good (in my sig) Built it all for a little less that $500 I believe. We have a microcenter close by, think they may have some better deals there?

Please....all people bring back are hard drives and some form of flash memory. Or a ghetto brand TV.

From fry's or microcenter? The PC I built from fry's runs pretty well, I'm not complaining :)

I'm thinking about grabbing a HDTV this year since they are so cheap now.

It is now a week before Black Friday, and the ads are being released much faster than I can keep up. One of the notable retailers is Walmart, who has a Blu-Ray player for $78.00. It appears to be a fairly stripped down model (unlike the AAFES one @ $99.99 that has BD-Live). I will try to get the most mainstream ad links posted, but there are lots of smaller retailers that I will probably omit from the list--so refer to the Black Friday links if you want to get comprehensive information. If anyone thinks I have omitted an important link, let me know and I'll add it for you (assuming those ads have been released).

Also, I have yet to see a Fry's or Microcenter ad yet. I'll let you know when I do--or let me know when YOU do.

so, has anyone found specs on these TV's yet or can anyone break down what the model numbers mean? trying to find specs on the 46" sony from bestbuy and having no luck. Just want to make sure I don't want in front of the store for some dud.

Back