• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BlackChrome W/C Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One more thing. What are those rings around your hoses. I know they are to keep it from kinking at the bends. But what are they? Springs?

So fresh and so clean, clean. Nice look.

You should consider something to counteract the effect of having a mixed aluminum/copper loop. There are many accounts, dating back years, which indicate a mix can be a very bad/corrosive idea.

Yes they are ring. I got them at my local hardware store. I really don't know what they are for but when I saw them I thought to myself... mmmmmm this could work! My girlfriend thought I was getting kinky but that's another story. I'm sure you guys can find them where your at.

I'm using 1/2"ID/3/4"OD PrimoFlex tubing (which I may be changing soon) and the rings have a 3/4"ID and a 4mmOD. The ring fit nice and snug and I can get very tight bends on the tubes. I liked them better than those coolsleeves cause they kinda matched the theme of my case. Woot! dai ja vou (inside joke). :p
PICT0173azz.jpg

More pic HERE at eric003 thread about four post down.

HTH :)

I don't know why on earth you use the 2x NorthWater Xtreme Water 6" Chrome Xchanger s??? They are useless and will corrode your system.

Point taken guys, thanks for the concern. I have been running this system for almost a year now and really have not had any problems with it. Since then I have only disassembled her twice both time to add those rings and when I was at it I did an inspection of the blocks, radiator and pump and so far the water gods have been good to me. I know I may have to rethink this all in a few months when I get some new components, so til then I'm glad its still running.

When I do, do the rethink what do you all suggest I go for?

Again thinks guys for watching my back. D :)

Very clean rig. Definitely looks like you thought it through.

One suggestion, same as Nikhsub, is to swap out those aluminum exchangers.

D-mann said:
Point taken guys, thanks for the concern. I have been running this system for almost a year now and really have not had any problems with it. Since then I have only disassembled her twice both time to add those rings and when I was at it I did an inspection of the blocks, radiator and pump and so far the water gods have been good to me. I know I may have to rethink this all in a few months when I get some new components, so til then I'm glad its still running.

When I do, do the rethink what do you all suggest I go for?

Again thinks guys for watching my back. D :)

I'm out of the cooling loop, been out for a while - but I thought you could view the internals of the Maze4? Next time you have the system apart, I would love to see a picture of the inside of that block.

If you aren't running any anti-corrosive. I would venture a guess that you have some serious nasties in there.

Will do I.M.O.G., I'm curiuos myself.

Right now I'm using FluidXP+ as my coolant and I think when used in combination with PrimoFlex tubing it results in this whitish film in the tube which really does not appeal to me.

Any suggestion on tubing and coolant combination that would stay pretty much clear almost looking like a glass tube.

TY D;)

If you are using fluidXP that is why you have no corrosion, good lad! However, if you switch to distilled water which should yeild better temps, you will need to remove the aluminum from the loop.

almost any corrosion prohibiter will taint your water (distilled i hope) and leave a film on your tubing (over time)

the trick would be to get rid of the aluminum in your loop and use minimal amounts of corrosion prohibiter.

my i suggest hyper-lube... it has a greenish/yellow tint to it but if you water it down enough you might not notice it too much.
https://shop.hyperlube.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=4&categoryId=1

another good additive is Zerex racing coolant but that = PINK (yuck)

here are a few pics to give you an idea of coloration:

pict04126io.jpg

pict03612fk.jpg

note: FLASH photos really exaggerate the coloration of the water and the film on the tubes

Last edited:
Joe Camel said:
another good additive is Zerex racing coolant but that = PINK (yuck)
Yea Im using a Zerex deritive which is what Toyota uses in their cars:

DSC00156.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, is their anything out there that I can use that is basicly clear or a slight touch of blue. Some of my friends recommend 85% distilled water, 15% Pentosin which has a blueish color to it. I may want to change the tubing to 1/2" Tygon R3603 as well.

what about those koolance refill packs? I know you dont have a koolance kit. But the refil packs are already mixed, you would probably only need 2 of them. Thats what my brother has in his, works fine to my knowledge...

hey did u just gut out the 2 120 mm fans and just stuck the radiator in it how did it fit?? maybe a couple of pointers im thinking of doing that

also were did u buy that pump and housing it looks amazing

help apriciated thanks =)

Back