• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Switch 810 water project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We've almost got the same build. Here's what I went with for cooling (single loop, parallel on the vga cards):
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 240 Radiator
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator
Koolance RP-452X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Rev 2 w/ Dual Alphacool VPP655 Variable Speed Pump Installed
Koolance CPU-370 Liquid Cooling Extreme CPU Block
3x EK GeForce 680 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block (EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal + Nickel CSQ)
3x EK GeForce 680 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate (EK-FC680 GTX Backplate - Black CSQ)
4 Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-2 140mm x 25mm
5 Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S3HS 120mmx25mm
Lamptron 20W - 4 Channel Aluminum Rheobus

Everything fits nicely inside the case (just need to remove the bottom drive bay).

Here's a couple pics....

Attachments

• case-rads.jpg
    case-rads.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 94
  • build.jpg
    build.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 92
Forgot I had this thread, changed a few things seeing as the 420 rad was a little too big without some mods and work arounds. So I went 360 instead, should that still work?

Top Rad: Coolgate Triple 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger
Bot Rad: Coolgate Dual 120mm Ultimate heat Exchanger
Fans: Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120x25 - 1850 RPM
Pump: Swiftech MCP35X
Res: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 (not 100% on this yet)
CPU Block: XSPC RayStorm Special Edition Copper
GPU Block: Heatkiller GPUX3 GTX 680 Refrence Full Coverage*/Koolance VID-NX680 Cooling Block

*Possibly the "Hole Edition" depends how I am feeling when I am ready to order.

I also don't really know which fittings or tubing to get. Still looking at different brands of thermal paste.

Forgot I had this thread, changed a few things seeing as the 420 rad was a little too big without some mods and work arounds. So I went 360 instead, should that still work?

GPU Block: Heatkiller GPUX3 GTX 680 Refrence Full Coverage*/Koolance VID-NX680 Cooling Block

I also don't really know which fittings or tubing to get. Still looking at different brands of thermal paste.

Those parts should all work. Don't worry too much about the choice of reservoir...they're just buckets to hold water basically. Tubing-wise...can't go wrong with Tygon imho. My preference for diameter is the 1/2" ID stuff. Just make sure you get the right fittings based on tube diameter...basically 2 per rad, 2 for pump, 2 for each waterblock. If you're going SLI then you'll need a bridge (with just 2 fittings for the bridge). For paste...I like Gelid gc-extreme but any NON-CONDUCTIVE thermal paste will be fine. You may want to think about adding a fan controller to handle all the fans.

Res to pump. CPU block has a specific input side. End of loop back to res. That's it. Nothing else matters.

That is a res/pump. Outlet of the assembly to all the parts, then back to assembly. That's it. Make it a series loop, that's all there is to it.

Ah OK thanks that makes more sense then the diagrams I was trying to find.

The hole editions are so damn sexy! I love the look of those blocks!

Also, make sure you get a decent radiator (or two). A triple rad should do you well. Also, consider getting a fan controller. For when you aren't putting your rig through gaming hell, it'll keep the noise down!

Well I can either get a fan controller and have to find a way to mount my Res in the case of I can get a dual bay res/pump. I think I'll go with the fan controller though and figure something else out for my Res and pump.

You can fit the res inbetween your motherboard and the HDD bays. The fan controller can fit in one of the 5.25 bays, and you can mount that pump almost anywhere you choose. :)

True I'll look into doing something like that. Is a 10 inch res too big for that spot? I can find a shorter one.

Wow thanks it should fit a slightly smaller one which is probably prefer anyway just fine. Also found a good fan controller that can control 6 fans which should be perfect.

Will i need more than 3 meters of tubing? I figure, afrer drawing up a rough diagram of how it should look, I will have about 7 sections of tubing, and if each is about a foot long that is only 7 feet. I know each won't use a foot of tubing but by that estimate even if some were longer or shorter I should have ample tubing left, correct?

I was looking at the Danger Den Dreamfelx value pack with some clamps, 9.8 feet of tubing and a tube cutter. Seems like a great deal if I don't need more tubing that the almost 10 feet it comes with. I will have to buy a couple more clamps though I think. Which is fine, not a big deal.

I was also looking at the value pack in red because my mobo is going to be black and red and the case will be black so i fgure with red tubing and a red res it should look nice?

3 meters may as well be miles inside that case....you'll have tubing leftover even if you got 7 feet imho. DangerDen's a great name, don't know their tubing but sounds like a great deal (also...it's nice to have some extra tubing laying around hehe)

So which parts of the loop should use straight barbs and which should use angled ones? I am going o use compressions on the CPU block because according to the description it says to use them? So I'm gonna get some angles there but where else should I use angles?

So which parts of the loop should use straight barbs and which should use angled ones? I am going o use compressions on the CPU block because according to the description it says to use them? So I'm gonna get some angles there but where else should I use angles?

Well, your questions are typical for a new user without the time to figure out why and don't understand it's a hobby.

If the CPU block has close inlet/outlet holes, the 3/4 OD compression fittings are too close together and wont fit side by side. So you buy 45 deg fittins, and put the compressions on top of them. Not all blocks have this issue, you can look at info on each block and see, even if you need a micrometer to measure if it fits. many makers have measurements on thier sites, and many fittings makers do the same.

Even some GPU blocks need extentions to fit compressions.

Look at Swiftech, BoxGods and other fittings and your block, peruse thier forums about fittings fittings and ask then if they will work on the block. I don't know, every rig is different, that's the fun part. Figure it out.

You just do it. maybe search long time here and other places for a familair rig and bingo, you found it!.

We don't have all the answers for tubing, blocks, cases etc. There are wayyy to many choices.

That's why it's a hobby, you play, buy stuff, add later, redo mistakes etc. It's a hobby. It's meant to use your spare time to exercize the mind.

Just get 3/8" ID tubing with 1/8" thick wall tubing and get compressions to fit that tubing, no need to spend the time to research.

Back