• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blame the computer games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The parents always try to find something or someone else to blame because it all boils down to the fact that they are the ones who brought that sorry sack of crap into the world and then raised him to be the pile of monkey fesces that he is. Society is getting so disgusting. US (DEMOCRATS) Senators are trying to pass more laws in the US right now regarding violent video games. It's either a video game, marilyn manson, evil guns, or violent movies. When Columbine happened the community around Denver tried to stop Marilyn Manson from performing there. Of course they put a lot of blame on guns also. They had huge write ups on how these two losers used to play Doom on their computers. Since they wacked themselves after their little rampage the community had no one else to blame or punish, so they try and punish society as a whole. It makes me want to vommit. Bunch of bleeding heart cry babies with absolutely no freakin common sense.

A couple of years ago there was a terrible accident on a local highway that killed everyone involved. First thing everybody does it try to lower the speed limit with a petition. Nobody looked at the fact the one of the drivers had enough methamphetamine in their system to kill an elephant. People are ignorant.

Sorry for the rant but this angers me to no end.

Last edited:
Killed him with a clawhammer?
Does the 1MB cache really make a better weapon over a 512k Newcastle then?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

let stop putting stupid warning on everyday things.
"warning, contents may be hot!" DUH! It's COFFEE!
"Do not operate while driving" Unless you have 3 sets of eyes, I'd advise against it!
"Do not use near water" Hmm, Does the concept of electricity really ellude that many people?

It's called filtering out the gene pool.
If your stupid enough to try and dry your hair in the shower... You deserve to die.
People likt that having children is what has this entire society up to it's armpits in war, poverty, etc.
I know many people in poverty can't help what happened to them. But I feel that 80% or more of those are because they made stupid mistakes in their lives, that they should have known better than to do... but instead of paying fully for their mistakes, the rest of the world gets taxed and they get taken care of! :mad:

Good LORD! quit trying to save everyone on the planet... we're supposed to die from stupid mistakes for a reason! "NATURAL SELECTION!!!"

This kid would have probably died a long time ago if there weren't so many stupid preventions inthe world...
better yet, his parent's probably would have never lived to procreate!
so he'd never been born and never given the chance to kill!

OK. I'm off my soapbox.
*takes a bow and returns to his seat in the audience." :clap:

Erm some of those responces where overly harsh..

hatkeeper said:
lol, if manhunt could do that, i wonder what happens if doom3 comes out, lol

Some 14y/o boy got beaten and stabbed multiple times at his local park and you find it funny?

They werent blaming the game, they just stated that the game really didnt help things. The fact the tabloids felt compeled to tell more about the game than the boy, his family and the murderer is typical. Its more likely that the media was more to blame for the death than the game was.

Marley said:
Erm some of those responces where overly harsh..

Some 14y/o boy got beaten and stabbed multiple times at his local park and you find it funny?

They werent blaming the game, they just stated that the game really didnt help things. The fact the tabloids felt compeled to tell more about the game than the boy, his family and the murderer is typical. Its more likely that the media was more to blame for the death than the game was.

Blaming the media is no better than blaming the game. That's what everyone here is trying to say. Put the blame where it's supposed to go. On the stupid kid who did the crime and at the worst the idiot parents who raised him. I've been subjected to violent video games all my life, extreme violence on the internet and movies that would make a billy goat puke. I watch violence in the news every night. I own enough semi automatic weapons to make an ATF agent shake in his boots. You know what, I don't even like to fight let alone think about killing another human being. It's all about an individuals morals which are usually instilled by his parents, so don't go blaming the media or any other form of entertainment as it will only prove you to be as ignorant as the media reporting this crap.

There is one thing that my mom once tuaght me about video games, "remeber what is reality" the fact is that most people nowadays arent being tuaght by their parents what is right and wrong, what is accectable and what is not, so on and so forh, most of our problems out there with kids and younger adults (20-25) is that their parents were to busy with their lives and to ignorant to take the time and check if thier kids are ****ed up or not! when kids go and kill other kids, or commit crimes, the core of it is the fact that the parents are failing in their job, yes there is other influences and such from the world, but if the kid wasnt tuaght through out childhood, the kids will have some serious social issues, just look at our highschools, does anyone there know how to be civil to one another, or is it just a bunch of retards going around in their own little worlds that when you bumb them they have a ****ing **** fit!

Games dont cuase people to kill people, People make people kill people!

[/rant]

Quattro said:
Killed him with a clawhammer?
Does the 1MB cache really make a better weapon over a 512k Newcastle then?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

LOL!

Anyway, it is sad that so many people are doing this now. They need to be PARENTS and stop this from happening, not blame the games after the fact.

Well here's another update; I haven't actually been able to buy the paper today but I saw the front page. it no looky good.

"Ban these evil games" is the headline. over pictures of the boxes of "The Suffering", "Hitman Contracts", "GTA 3", "UT 2004", and some others I can't remember.

And oh yeah, the biggie. Doom 3 was in there.

I think they all live in the UK. I believe they are already quite a bit more strict over there regarding this sort of thing right now. A lot of european countries don't even allow red colored blood in video games. Oh well, the United States is on it's way to that scenario also. Whatever it takes to keep the masses feeling secure. Like a herd of Lemmings rapidly approaching the coast....

Stupid people shouldn't breed

er you blame the parents, do your parents know all the games you own? the boys parents could have been very good yet he may have got in with a bad crowd at school and next thing hes done a horrific crime. To assume his parents are to blame is stupid and cruel, if you say its not the media that is to blame then are you saying the parents teach their children to do this? as that would mean that every child that does a crime must have come from a sting of family members connected to crime, that really is stupid.

What I said is, that it is up to the parents to instill morals and good judgement. There are too many parents out there that are too busy with their own little world to worry about raising their children. Why in the hell should I have to be responsible for somebody else's maturing sperm donation to society? When some little waste of human oxygen consumption like this does a crime like this, It is his own fault and if he's under the age of 18, it is his parents fault since they are legally responsible for him. If you can't control your damn children, than don't have any! When I was under 18, what I did was determined by my parents. I had to ask to go out on a Friday night and I had a curfew. When I was younger, my parents didn't let me watch R rated movies and such. They were watchful and careful of what I got into unlike todays parents. It's people like you who always say it's this guys fault and that guys fault when in reality you just can't stand the thought of sucking it up and accepting your own responsibility in life. It's not my fault this kid was an idiot and it certainly isn't my fault that his parents couldn't raise him right so quit blaming society as a whole and look at the real picture here. The idiot that did the crime PERIOD!

Marley, I agree with you 1/2 way.
The fact of the matter still remains that our upbringing and our surroundings has the greatest impact upon our personality and mentality as an adult (or in this case, near-young adult).
Your parents make you who you are.
strong, or weak...
personable or reserved...
honest or dishonest...
etc. etc. etc...
Your surroundings are only 10% of your personality.
Your genetics would be about 25%
and your upbringing accounts for 65% of what makes you... 'you'

If kids are raised to be intelligent, and to make the right decisions on their own, then the chances of a child making a decision to do what this particular person did, wouldn't be possible, or at least EXTREMLEY remote.
there are always those one's that are a-typical and don't fall within the boundries of normality.
But think about it.
how much are you like your parents? even the things that you don't like about them...
You are enevetably who we choose to be, but we develop the ability to make those choices based upon how we are raised as a child.
I fail to see how truly loving parents who were attentive to their child would not see him having issues that could lead to some outcome such as this...
It's not the game, it's not the town he grew up in, and it's not the bad click at school.
It's whether or not we choose to let those things influence and controll us.
Sorry, It looks like your actually agreeing with anyone who points blame at the game... "it's not HIS fault, it's the game's"
Well, It may not be directly HIS fault for making his decisions... but his decisions were directly to blame, and proper upbringing wouldn't have let his concience surcumb to that end.

Not trying to be mean to you, and I do see your point of view. I just feel that we all are accountable for our own decisions... and we are a product of our past experiences, our upbringing, and our environment.

Back