• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blame the computer games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Um guys,

Some of you have been around long enough to know our rules. Some of you are quite new here and may not know how we do things. Those who know better, please try to help those who don't. That is all.

Guys, don't blame it all on the parents for not teaching your kid absolutely nothing! Kids these days no matter how old purely use no common sense. They are like animals (no offense) everything needs to be told to them in baby terms. "Hey son, clean up your room." Hey honey, did you forget to wash your teeth again?" Yeah, I'm 15 years old, I play Doom 3 and CS, w/e. It's your ability to think that makes you not go and hunt people with M4's. I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but all of these lame reports and events happen only in America.. for the most part; (not to be ignorant). Boy there is so much corruption in Eastern Europe that the kids don't even have the time to play games such as Doom 3 or w/e. They are too busy working in the fields and helping their parents harvest the crops to buy food! Blah, just trying to make a point, don't hate me.

Caution:

This is always a touchy subject and one that is very dear to many of our hearts and hobbies.
Discussion of it can bring out some posts that definitely violate forum guidelines and policies.

So far, posts in this thread are mostly fine- just a few that have gotten the filter kicking in and so on...

The discussion overall in here is pretty good, and I commend those taking part for keeping it that way so far; please continue to do so. :)

Sun_tzu617 said:
^ SEE! :clap:
I certainly drive better after playing some crazy taxi :)

My basic parental structure....

Raised till 4 and then my parents split up....
My dad = excessive drinker and smoker, And i had to clean up a few bad situations in my day....Was grown as a surfer in southbeah, which is a very bad palce in some areas.... Drugs, robberies, poor, sick, etc.. He moved out of his parents place at 15, 15!! So im doign well comparably...

Mom was not very worried about my grades.... (teachers thought i had add for a while, till i basically Aced everythign i did, then got into gifted)We didnt do much together, but she did care, just no time bing a young single mother...(many boyfriends, one of em was in england, so we moved there for 6 months) Dad freaked out...The boyfriend was a drunk soccer player, a bad drunk... Not beating, but sorta harsh... (she knew itm, and we moved back fast)

My mom was quite worried whenever i was with my dad, always wanted me to call, never liked me going out, and so i didnt/dont go out much, since its too much of a hassle to deal with her... Had a step dad till a few month back, great guy, very naggy, set me strait in my grades, other than that, not much...

Just recently, i have stopped my dad from drinking, but he smokes once and a while, his friends are wild ... I mean wild, crazy drunk boatcaptain drug addicts mostly... all around nice guys though... Mostly rednecks....

I was basically my dad's parent, i set him strait, not vise versa... Im quite good, i have never officially drank any alcohol, but a few odd occasions when it was accidental, or during a special event(wine).... I lived off pc gaming and teh such, and i am still doing well..... Sorta the annoying kid at school, the only kid that doesnt wear fubu, or wear pants with teh butts hanging out... I dont like the kids at my school, only a select few who are quite good people... We are friends, but we do not hang out, its the nodd when walking in the hallway, or sharing a few jokes here and there, borrowign lunch money.... nothing much...Ive had a few school probelms in my day, but i fixed that myself, with a lot of self realization.... Children should have had my problems, because it makes you become a better person in the long run...
Self reliance is a must for me, and i love it... My upbringing wasnt good, but wasnt too bad, and i turned out great, i guess i was lucky... I just cant believe in depending on my parents for anything but some food and hosuing for now... Hope this isnt off topic...so what im saying, its a nutshell, you could have the best upbringing in the wolrd and turn out a wierdo, you could be teh son of two crackheads that sold you to a dealer for a gram of cocaine and turn into the next bill gates....

Kids dont need parents anymore, Kids are becomming better and better at being self reliant... Just liek in that offspring song "were raising kids now, that raise themselves"

Sorry for the double post.
***EDIT*** People with rough childhoods DO good in school.. for the most part!! ** :mad: :bang head
My point exactly! How many people with rough childhoods you see doing BAD in school? NONE.. for the most part. Kids that have all the money in the world get spoiled and forget about grades, homework, and most off all; their future. But then again, why should they CARE? THEY HAVE ALL THEY MONEY IN THE WORLD! As I said, I'm 15 and was born in Romania. If most of you know, people there don't have time to worry about your kid killing some other kid in park with a knife because they saw it in some movie or w/e. Kids don't even have time to play games. Oh, and why are about 70% of Romania's population people with high degrees of education? Hmmm... Too bad the economy is so poor that they work selling apples with their diploma on their desk. Hopefully, the entranace of EU in 2007 will help Romania's economy.

Last edited:
Hmmm,

Looks to be a good discussion if kept in civil tones. We need to be careful to not cross the threshold into political discussion. (Right now, this seems to be a societal discussion.)

Keep it secret. Keep it safe. (Oh, wait, there's no ring here.)

Keep it discrete. Keep it civil. -- Paul

I have a friend at school from romania, damn hes pretty smart, when i tell him about playing video games, he thinks im crazy :D
We will try our best mack

Cheers :beer:

Well on video games there should be a disclaimer saying that if you play then you assume all physical and psycological changes / actions that this game has caused or somthing like that. I just think people care too much nowa days, sad isnt it...

It's not supposed to be offensive lol, I'm just giving you credit that you never turned out bad due to a rough childhood but it's not my business so.. lol.

My childhood was annoying, and quite frustrating, but not rough..... I didnt have to do much at all :D Riough is if ur an orphan or the son of a crackhead or 2, maybe an abusive step parent that takes bad photos and teh such.... THATS TOUGH, and ive seen people get out of it, and not kill anyone... Back to the point, kids like that use video games to escape thier rough childhood, and it helps a lot.... I have yet to see oen kid that has a lot of fun gaming, ever want to kill somone, do drugs, or the such... Religious fanatics do that stuff, not gamers.... The only exception was ghandi, but a religious fanatic of his killed him.... see what i mean...
Off yto play call off duty.... i hope i dont want to kill germans after it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The whole arguement is just nonsense. Do I want to kill aliens because I play Halo? Do I want to run people over because I play GTA III? Do I want to steal cars because I stole vehicles in FarCry?

Imperial said:
The whole arguement is just nonsense. Do I want to kill aliens because I play Halo? Do I want to run people over because I play GTA III? Do I want to steal cars because I stole vehicles in FarCry?

Well I'll tell ya what, I REALLY do want to take a light saber to something....ANYTHING! Those things are just to cool! Would make my deck project and personal security project come together in a new way! :D

now that is a idea, and lets have each player play on a 150ft screen! that would tick some people off! and make a statement! do it right across the street form capital hill!

Dude, get oen guy to put on extra gore an play on oen of those arena screens, and everyone turns up teh sound really high, to hear the screams and gun shots!

Back