• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blower REvision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HammerSandwich said:
I could really use some noise comparisons with axial fans. IOW, the blower at 24V has about the same noise as a 120mm L1A (or whatever) at what V? Does the blower make the same kind of noise?

Also, I know that blowers can handle exhaust restriction better than axial fans, but what about on the intake?

Look here.

HammerSandwich said:
I could really use some noise comparisons with axial fans. IOW, the blower at 24V has about the same noise as a 120mm L1A (or whatever) at what V? Does the blower make the same kind of noise?

Also, I know that blowers can handle exhaust restriction better than axial fans, but what about on the intake?

the fan can't quite handle intake restrictions
85cfm going through a 80mm intake is restrictive enough.
if u put any kind of filter or dense grill (mesh) the fan may stall..
thats about the only con i've found with this fan, i wouldn't say its the best blower in the world, but i was finding other blowers for 40+ bucks that worked @ 12v and 120v ones are hard to control so for 13bucks this fan was a great deal.

<sigh> You should be arrested for such a misuse of USPS free products!

Of course you could just slap a stamp on that baby and it would be all good.

hey, i do use the products i recive , well some of them. The thing is that im getting crap i didnt ask for and it still keeps coming i have no friggin clue! It does make good shroud material!

Back