• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Screen of Death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fgf80

I just installed windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, and keep getting bluescreens for no apparent reason. What do I do? Tell me if you need additional information.

Did you just build your machine or did you have a previous OS installed with no problems?

What is the BSOD error code?

How often are you getting them?

To prevent your system from rebooting so that you can write down the code:
Open the system properties menu -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery and uncheck 'reboot on error'

Did you just build your machine or did you have a previous OS installed with no problems?
fgf80: Just built it, but I unregistered my last OS and reinstalled it (have not registered yet) on my new computer. I used an untouched ISO in a way that could have easily been illegal, but I am going to use my old serial key to register it. I ran an MD5 checksum against the one provided to me by a friend, and it was unaltered. (so, I basically just did it because MS doesn't offer a P2P download; Pirates are haters).

fgf80: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

fgf80: Randomly, but usually close to every 15minutes to half hour.

Open the system properties menu -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery and uncheck 'reboot on error'
Also, my CPU was auto-OC'ed, but I fixed that.

Also, I just concluded an 8 hour and 52 minute Prime95 torture test with no issues.

Hmm, I assume you have it on Blend (to do both RAM and CPU?)

How to you manage to get 8+ hours of stability under P95 and still suffer from random BSOD every half hour? Must be a really good streak of good luck.

Sounds like your BSOD is from a driver, HDD or SSD error. All all your drivers up to date?

I just installed windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, and keep getting bluescreens for no apparent reason. What do I do? Tell me if you need additional information.

You'll need to answer the questions asked of you by Janus before we can even attempt to help you.

Just an FYI He answered them in the quote that he did of mine (I missed it too until I re-read):

fgf80: Just built it, but I unregistered my last OS and reinstalled it (have not registered yet) on my new computer. I used an untouched ISO in a way that could have easily been illegal, but I am going to use my old serial key to register it. I ran an MD5 checksum against the one provided to me by a friend, and it was unaltered. (so, I basically just did it because MS doesn't offer a P2P download; Pirates are haters).

fgf80: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

fgf80: Randomly, but usually close to every 15minutes to half hour.

Thanks, everyone, but after I returned to stock clock (which it was at when I started getting bluescreens), I got two more and it just stopped.:confused:

Back